Friday February 12th, 2021
Dear Marysville Families
I hope that the snowy and icy weather has not caused too many difficulties for anyone. Please stay tuned to any weather related changes in our building distributions.
At Marysville this week, we had our first small group of students in the building for limited in person instruction. We will continue to slowly increase the number of students participating, as we have capacity and can do it with the most safety for all involved.
You should have received an email from the district on Wednesday sharing the proposal for K-5 Hybrid Instruction.
- 4 days of in-person instruction for 2 hours and 15 minutes per day
- Families can opt-in and/or opt-out throughout the semester
- Students will remain with their same teacher in either hybrid or CDL
- Students will be assigned an AM or a PM time slot.
- When not in school, students will continue with distance learning activities
- In person instruction may still involve chromebook instruction to include students learning from home.
Each Kindergarten through 5th grade family will receive a uniquely identifiable survey to:
- Select a preferred option:
- Participate in hybrid learning, April to June, OR
- Remain in online -only CDL through the end of the school year
Middle school and high school families should expect an update soon.
Please let me know if you do not receive this information or have any questions.
Example of Proposed Daily Student Schedule in Hybrid Model
Lion Adventure for this week
Marysville Kindergarten Connect 2021 -2022 School Year Video
OES DREAMING JUSTICE FREE EVENT
Students, parents, and staff are invited to Oregon Episcopal School’s next Dreaming Justice event! On February 18, 4:30-5:30 PT, Renée Watson will be joining us for an author visit. Watson will read from her work and talk about growing up in Portland and how that influenced her writing. She will also answer questions from the audience.
Please RSVP here. This event is free and open to the public so spread the word! Attached you'll find a flier to email interested folks. You can also post on your favorite social media.
Social Emotional Learning Curriculum
Portland Public Schools is working to understand how we can support all students and meet their social and emotional needs. We want to hear from you! Please consider joining a focus group to share your thoughts.
All participants will receive a $50 gift card as a thank you for their input. Each focus group will last for one hour. No perspective is unimportant- we have something to learn from everyone.
Conversations will be conducted by Heather Schwartz and Brittney Williams from CASEL. If you are interested in participating, please reach out to email@example.com.