Angels, Demons, Prayer and more.
Introduction to Spiritual Warfare
Angels are all around us
They were created (Psalm 148:25, Col 1:16).
Like us they worship a creator and are subordinate to him.
They are non-human spirits (Heb 1:14).
While they may take human form, they are spirit- humans don't become angels.
They are innumerable (Heb 12:22).
There are many.
They are invisible (Numb 22:22-31).
They may be all around us.
They are sexless (Matt 22:30).
They may appear as man - they have no reason to be male/female.
They do the will of God (Psalm 103:20).
They do as God bids - fight protect, deliver messages, guide and comfort.
Examples of angels in the Bible:
Michael - battle.
Gabriel - messenger.
Lucifer - Satan - opposes God.
Fallen angels - Isaiah 14:12.
Satan:1. Satans whole purpose is to destroy. (Gen 3+4)
2. Satan appears to be very successful even in the first few years of human history.
3. Humanity is fallen and has a sin nature. We lean toward 'sins' (James 1:15).
1. Demons appear to be fallen angels and therefore have the same traits (2 Peter 2:4, Jude 6).
2. Demons have the power to possess (Mark 5:1-4, they are strong: Mark 5:4).
3. They are called unclean spirits (Luke 8:29).
4. They seem to have a hierarchy (Matt 12:24-27).
5. They have sacrifices offered to them (1 Cor 10:20).
6. They will be judged (Matt 8:29). They cannot be redeemed.
*Demons don't appear until the New Testament.
How to pray in the Bible
1. Who am I praying to?
2. Recognize God's power.
3. Seeking Gods will.
4. We pray to identify our need.
Sin vs SINS
-All of us have sinful desires.
-Do not nurture/ keep doing our sins.
-Sin will lead to death.
-Sin is a disease.
-SINS are symptoms of the disease.
WHAT WE DIDN'T TALK ABOUT
-Real life stories of demon possession
-Why people get possessed
-How angels are active in our daily lives
-How we think angels look physically
-Why its so important to pray and to have a relationship with God