Building Our Future-Ready Skills
Technological opportunities to help you grow! @MVeLearn
September 12, 2018
Ann Wilder's Second Grade
Watch this video on Challenge at the Heart of Deeper Learning (video 13:25)
Such activities allow students to meet the new ISTE Standards for Students:
- Empowered Learners
- Digital Citizen
- Knowledge Constructor
- Innovative Designer
- Computational Thinker
- Creative Communicator
- Global Collaborator
Tell us how YOU are challenging students to meet these standards and achieve deeper learning!
From the DigCit Corner
Chelsea Mayer's Second Grade
Talk to one of the Nearpod Badge winners below and ask them how to use this tool to:
- Import your Google and/or PowerPoint Slides
- Embed video and push to students
- Create response questions to engage students
- Explore pre-made Nearpod lessons on many topics
How are you presenting Digital Citizenship lessons this week?
Teachers. Have YOU Completed the BrightBytes Collection Survey?
DID YOU MISS the MyON Training?
First hour is for beginners, then more advanced.
iReady: Now That You've Completed the Diagnostic, Next Steps
The information below includes some tips for reviewing your i-Ready data, as well as some resources to help you get the most out of Ready.
i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction
1. Using Diagnostic Data: The following tools and reports will help you pinpoint needs, allocate resources, and create data-driven action plans to achieve academic goals.
· Use the Report Selector Tool to find the right report for the questions you have
· The Instructional Groupings Report groups students with similar instructional needs and, for each group, provides detailed instructional priorities and classroom resources to support differentiated instruction.
· Watch this video to learn how to get the most from your i‑Ready data.
2. Data Chats: Data becomes powerful when teachers and students engage in “data conversations” or “data chats”. For leaders and teachers, these conversations help unpack what the data means and decide what to do about it. For students, these conversations increase student engagement and promote student ownership over their own learning. Click here to access our full Data Chat Pack for after the First Diagnostic or use the links below to go directly to each type of data chat.
3. Checklists: Check out our checklists for key tasks to complete immediately after each Diagnostic.
Tips and Resources to help you get the most out of Ready
1. Continue to communicate your focus and purpose for implementing Ready Math to your Instructional Leaders and Teachers. Visit Coach’s Corner for some ideas on how to address common questions or concerns.
2. Ensure you are getting the support they need to successfully:
• Engage Students in Mathematics by implementing the Think–Share–Compare Routine
• Use Mathematics Discourse Cards to Enhance Classroom Conversations
• Prepare for Robust Conversations by using the Discourse-Based Lesson Guide
Your account team is always here to support you. Please reach out if you have any questions or need any assistance.
Danielle Falcon | Account Manager