CHEETAH BYTES NEWSLETTER
Volume 37, May 21, 2021
It’s hard to believe that we are heading into the last week of school! What a rollercoaster ride of a year this has been! Staff, students, and families have had to adapt to so many changes. I want to thank all of you for your patience, understanding, flexibility, and resilience! Together, we continued to learn, make meaningful connections, and take a problem-solving and student-centered approach to the many challenges that came our way. There have been so many silver linings and valuable lessons learned. I feel incredibly grateful and hopeful for the future!
Natoma Station Yearbooks
Yearbooks have shipped and should arrive sometime this week. Stay tuned for more details.
Ice Cream Spirit Night at Handel's
Please join us on Tuesday, May 25 from 4:00 - 10:00 PM at Handel's Ice Cream at 1011 East Bidwell St. in Folsom. Enjoy homemade ice cream and give back to our school. Remember to mention Natoma Station Elementary so that our PTO receives a portion of the proceeds.
5th Grade Drive-Thru Promotion
On Thursday, May 27 form 9:00 AM - 10:45 AM, we will host a drive-thru parade to honor our 5th grade students who are moving on to middle school. We are so incredibly proud of our 5th grade students and we wish them well as they embark on new learning adventures! Access to the parking lot near the administration building and the fire gate on Ashcat way will not be available during the parade.
This year, all elementary-aged students enrolled at FCUSD will receive a backpack with resources to support them as they continue to learn over summer break. Each backpack contains:
· A number of high-interest reading materials to add to your at-home family library
· Engaging math and English language arts workbooks to prepare for the upcoming school year
· An assortment of school supplies
Please use these supplemental and optional materials as you feel work best for your family. Students who will attend summer school will be using their backpacks during summer school. In-person students who are not attending summer school will receive their backpack on the last day of school to take home with them. Distance learners will receive their backpack when they return their Chromebook and other class materials.
Chromebook Return Schedule
● Monday 5/24: Please park your car and walk up to the tables to return your materials and Chromebook. Your child’s teacher will let you know if they will be collecting materials from in-person students. If you are not sure about materials return, please contact your child’s teacher.
● Monday's 5/24
○ Kinder – 5th Grade In-person and DL students who have access to another device
○ 10:00 - 11:00 K & 1st Grade
○ 11:00 - 12:00 2nd & 3rd Grades
○ 1:00 - 2:30 4th & 5th Grades
○ If you have children in different grades, you can choose one time to return Chromebooks/materials
● Tuesday 5/25
○ All 3rd Grade Students Additional Return Date (In-Person and DL)
○ 2:00 – 4:00 PM Return Chromebooks and materials
● Wednesday - 5/26
○ 3:00 - 4:00 5th Grade DL students Return Chromebooks and materials to the front office
● Thursday 5/27
○ 1:00 – 5:00 Kinder - 4th Grade DL Students Return Chromebooks and materials to the front office.
If your child is attending in-person and you are unable to return your Chromebook on Monday 5/24, please make arrangements with your child’s teacher or contact our front office.
Thank you for your support and partnership.
Vickie Boudouris, Principal
4th grade has been learning about the Gold Rush, and Clara & Brynn H. visited Empire Mine State Park & got to see real mining equipment and a famous gold site. Pretty cool!
Unique Drawing Competition for Students Aged 6-14
SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM MS. JESSICA HOM, OUR NSE LIBRARIAN:
This is the link to the Folsom Cordova Unified School District Dashboard regarding COVID-19.
If your child has medication in the health office, please pick up all medications on the last day of school. Medication forms for next school year (signed after July 1st, 2021) can be found here: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/2373
If your child receives immunizations over the summer, please turn them in to the school office in August.
Have a safe and healthy summer break!
Amanda Turkbergen MSN, RN
Credentialed School Nurse
Folsom Cordova Unified School District
Show Respect * Makes Good Decisions * Solve Problems
Navarro - Pre-Sch: Aarav
Ruh (AM) - Pre-Sch: Ryan
Ruh (PM) - Pre-Sch: Stuthi
Thompson - Kinder: Thabit Nassar & Vincent Cornelison
Gutierrez/Tucker - Kinder:
Doe - Kinder: Tharun Hariprasad & Vishnu Varganti
McClure - 1st: Samira McCall
Cameron - 2nd: Salman Jabir
DeMarse/Holley - 2nd: Kanishk Mohan
Johnson - 2nd: Emma Gutsu
Dean - 3rd: Sachi Nanda
Hackert - 3rd: Nadra Jabir
Southern - 3rd: Daniel Bidgood
Morales - 4th: Jvonni Rodrigues & Leila Samimi
Neil - 4th: Sophia Daraban & Hudson Good
Bloemker - 5th: Cindy Stafford & Khanh Ho
Fletcher - 5th: Lucas Bidgood & Travis Winkler