Third Grade Loves to Learn
Maple Grove Elementary
May 6, 2016
We genuinely appreciate the outpouring of love you showed us this past week. Thank you for honoring us during Teacher Appreciation week. Please know that we treasure your kiddos and working with each and every one of your children is valuable and important to us. We feel abundantly blessed!
Mrs. Self & Mrs. McMullen
Jog-A-Thon - May 11, 2016
We will be participating in our jog/walk/run event from 10:00 - 10:30 on May 11. Please join us in the fun. Also...Student packets went home with your kiddos on Wednesday. Collection envelopes can be returned any day next week. 100% of all funds raised will go directly back to Maple Grove. Our PTA is coordinating all of the efforts and we are so grateful for this opportunity.
- ALL JogAThon participants earn a Maple Grove Grizzlies spirit band
- ANY donation amount earns 1 entry in the prize drawing
- Every $10 in donations earns 1 extra entry in the prize drawing
- Highest average per student laps earns an extra recess for the class---Laps completed by the teacher on May 11th will count as double laps toward the class total!
- Highest average per student donation earns Mrs. Hutchinson kissing a pig for the class!
Prizes for the drawing include:
- 2 Roaring Springs day passes
- $25 gift card to Hastings
- USwirl gift certificates
- Krispy Kreme gift certificates
- Wahooz mini golf certificates
- Brayge sports registration
- Misc sport/activity items
Thank you for your support with this fundraiser!
Weekly Academic Overview
Reading: Creative Writing with Patricia Polacco and begin Boise History readings.
Language: Conjunctions: Coordinating (and, or, but, for, so, nor) and Subordinating (although, since, because, etc.).
Spelling: Sounds with oi and oy as in oil, join and toy, employ.
Technology: Read Theory, Xtramath, NewsELA
Social Studies: Boise History