Northern Guilford H.S. Media Center
Help us celebrate School Library Month this April...
Get out of the labs/classroom and come to the library!
- Come read here - books, magazines, graphic novels, comics or the newspaper.
- Schedule a class to use print reference materials.
- Use the space for a change of scene and enjoy our large tables and comfy chairs.
- Invite a guest speaker to speak to your combined classes (PLC).
- Come visit the space during your planning, before and after school. Use one of our maker spaces - puzzles, crafts, games, writing, chess.
- Schedule a maker day to build something with your students. We have lots of room. We even have a green screen.
- Have a cup of coffee and plan with us.
- Come learn a new technology to use with your students during planning.
Come visit us in April and help us celebrate School Library Month. Show your library some LOVE.
And April is also National Poetry Month!
VIsit The National Poetry Month website for ideas for your classroom.
Our students are writing blackout poetry, an idea we stole from Steal Like an Artist author Austin Kleon's Newspaper Blackout . You can borrow it, if you like.
Why not try taking a look at the NPM website for ideas to incorporate into your classroom?
- Hashtag #npm16 to follow the Academy of American Poets on Twitter @POETSorg.
- Participate in Dear Poet project by writing letters in response to poems shared by the award-winning poets
- Participate in National Poem in Your Pocket Day on April 21, 2016.
- Sign up for Poem-a-Day.
- Read a poem out loud in your classroom during April. We have a poetry section (by the TV) . For teaching inspiration, try Teaching with Fire: Poetry that Sustains the Courage to Teach by Sam Intrator and Megan Scribner.
Subscribe to a daily fix of poetry