Can you believe that we are on our 10th week of Trimester 1 with only about 3 weeks left to go. The kids (and teachers) are settling into our return to hybrid learning. We know that everyone prefers for us all to be together full days on site, but it looks like we will be in this model for a bit. As of yesterday, the case count for COVID was 143.8/100,000. Remember that we need to drop below 75/100,000 to return to full in person learning. I do have a "Private School Call" with the Tacoma Pierce County Health Dept on Friday, so I will let you know if there are any important updates. I know this is not easy and want to thank all of our families for doing your best to get your kids here during cohorts. We are making every effort to adjust our schedules to allow access for all children to onsite learning, while providing additional days/hours to particularly "at risk" children. Parenting is never easy, but I know that it has been especially challenging during this COVID situation. So, give yourself a big hug for all you are doing for your kids. Together, we can continue to help our children achieve growth in all areas (academic, social/behavioral, spiritual), even in these unusual times! Please carefully read through the rest of this newsletter for some important upcoming events and links to fall conferences.
Have a wonderful (wet) week!
Hallway Scenes: From Presidents to Turkeys!
Next Week...and Beyond:
- Thurs, Nov. 5th - School Mass at 3:15 pm (Hosted by 7th/8th Grade). All are welcome.
Next Week...and Beyond:
- Wed, Nov. 11th - No School for Veterans' Day
- Thurs, Nov. 12th - School Mass at 3:15 pm (Hosted by 6th Grade). All are welcome.
- Mon, Nov. 16th - Conferences from 1 pm - 5 pm via Zoom (No Afternoon Cohorts!)
- Tues, Nov. 17th - Conferences from 1 pm - 5 pm via Zoom (No Afternoon Cohorts!)
- Wed, Nov. 18th - Go Cart racing with Fr. Michael for the 8th graders to test out their go cart (1 - 3 pm), School Mass at 3:15 pm TODAY instead of Thursday...this week only (Hosted by 5th Grade). All are welcome.
- Tues, Nov. 24th - Pre-K and K Camp is IN SESSION (Regular Hours)
- Wed, Nov. 25th - No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Thurs, Nov. 26th - No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Fri, Nov. 27th - No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Fri, Dec. 4th - End of Trimester 1
Have You Signed Up for Conferences??
If you have not yet signed up for your fall Parent-Teacher Conference, please do so asap. They will be held on Monday, Nov. 16th and Tuesday, Nov. 17th from 1 pm - 5 pm. Please make sure to sign up with your child's homeroom teacher. If there is space with another teacher that your child has, feel free to sign up with that teacher, as well. These fall conferences are required for each child.
- Ms. Patty (Pre-K): https://signup.com/go/wmyGiSd
- Ms. Raquel (K): https://signup.com/go/UoyKJvi
- Ms. Madi (1st): https://signup.com/go/ENkPKfO
- Ms. Josie (2nd): https://signup.com/go/qrgUtaf
- Ms. Iverson (3rd/4th and Intro Spanish): https://signup.com/go/QNtfOaJ
- Ms. Juliet (1st - 4th Spanish): https://signup.com/go/aFOjJoO
- Mr. Ivan (5/6 Homeroom and 5-8 Spanish, Science, and Math): https://signup.com/go/PbemJpV
- Mr. Farias (7/8 Homeroom and 5-8 English, Religion, and Social Studies): https://signup.com/go/fKsXXSB
Tuition Assistance Grants for 2021-22
For all families who are receiving ANY financial assistance (through the school and/or through Fulcrum), you MUST apply for the Fulcrum Tuition Assistance Grant for the 2021-22 school year in order to continue receiving ANY tuition assistance. If a family pays the full tuition amount, with NO discounts, they do NOT need to apply. If you have questions about whether or not to apply or how to do it, please contact Ms. Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-272-7012. You will apply through FACTS at: https://online.factsmgt.com
- Click on the following link: https://online.factsmgt.com (either enter your acct or create a new one)
- All applications must be received AND verified (with all necessary tax and other documents uploaded and received by Fulcrum) by Dec. 11th.
- Tax returns or W2s are required to verify applications
- Please include all expenses because this helps to qualify you against your income
- Notifications will be made in late Feb or early March.
- The amount for each child who qualifies is $1300 for the school year
- The processing fee for the application is $29 and must be paid to complete the process
- Whether you think you will qualify or not, you MUST apply in order to request ANY financial assistance through the school for the 2021-22 school year.
- Don't miss the deadline!
- Please, please, please contact Ms. Nina with ANY questions. We are here to help!!
A Few Important Reminders:
- Please make sure your child arrives between 12:50 and 1 pm for their afternoon cohorts.
- All students in grades 1 - 8 MUST be picked up BY 3:15 pm. There is no afternoon extended care this year, so please make sure you are on time.
- If your child has COVID symptoms, even if they do not have a fever, they must follow the protocol of staying out for 10 days or returning once symptoms have improved AND they have a negative COVID test. Please DO NOT send your child to school with symptoms. Also, please update the school if this is the case.
- Please contact the school at email@example.com or call 253-272-7012 if your child will be out of school (or off of Zoom) for any reason. You can also copy the child's teacher on the email so they are aware and not expecting the child in class.