Norris Nobility News
Our faculty newsletter....
October 16, 2015
- Mr. Glen cleaned our microwave for us. If you see him, tell him thanks!
- You guys did provided very specific feedback during your parent teacher conferences. I know because many parents stopped by to tell e so. It's all in the communication!
I've been thinking a lot about our ability and necessity to make connections with one another, as well as the value of being vulnerable.
I've included a link from Brene Brown on a talk she shared about empathy. They found that the important qualities of empathy include:
- perspective taking
- staying out of judgement
- recognizing emotion in others
- communicating that emotion
Brene Brown reminds us that it is a choice to connect with one another. It is, equally important, to tell one another that we are in this together.
The work we do on a day-to-day basis is too difficult to do alone. This is one of the things we do well here at Norris Elementary. We support one another and find ways to help work through issues together.
I hope you find time to watch the YouTube video that I have attached.
"I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgement; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship."
Have a great weekend,
Ashelyn and Michelle
Did you know?
- October 20th...Picture Day. Wear professional dress...does NOT have to be Norris jean jacket.
- October 22...wear pink and jeans for a small donation. See Nurse Violet for more info!
- When Julie sends you an email that tells you to fill out 504 teacher input form, you MUST have it completed by the deadline. When you fail to do so, it impacts the 504 meeting and are not putting our best foot forward. More importantly, it hurts our students.