M 'n M
Welcome Back Newsletter
We have been busily preparing for our 2022-23 school year this past week, as our administrative team and office staff have returned back from summer break. We are grateful for our custodial department and their hard work preparing our school for the start of the year. Thank you to our staff for making this a special and safe place to work and learn- what a great school our community has to offer our students!
Please see our newsletter to prepare for the first weeks of school. Feel free to contact our office Monday- Friday, from 8-3 with any questions or needs at 440-572-7090. I hope these last weeks and days are filled with memories, relaxation and excitement and I anticipate the new year ahead. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Mrs. Jessica Boytim, SMS Principal
Mrs. Jessica Boytim
Strongsville Middle School Principal
Mrs. Justina Peters
Grade 7: Discoverers and Globetrotters
Mr. Bryan Szczepanski
Grade 7: Pioneers and Seekers
6th Grade School Counselor
Office: 2nd Floor Office
7th Grade School Counselor
Office: 2nd Floor Office
8th Grade School Counselor
Office: 3rd Floor Office
Cruisers- R. Sobus
Vikings- G. Quien
Captains- J. Scott
Discoverers- S. Sokolowski
Globetrotters- T. Fike
Pioneers- S. Baker
Seekers- M. Hertel
Dragons- D. Blackman
Pirates- T. Britton
Crusaders- S. Silvestri
Vanguards- A. Cletzer
Guardians- S. Conner
6th Grade Important Information
- Bring chromebooks from last year with case and cord to orientation. Students will swap out their former chromebook and receive a new one on this day
- Orientation is for students only. Please drop off and pick up.
- Last name delegations and times need to remain due to pre-established groups with mentors. Students are assigned two leaders in the building for the year and they will be organized into groups based on their alphabet placement. Please plan accordingly to bring your student during their assigned time.
- Students will have an opportunity to bring school materials to their pods on Tuesday (Open House). Please do not bring anything to Orientation except your SCS Chromebook, charger and cord that was given to you last year.
- If you are unable to go to Orientation, you will have the opportunity to see the school and tour independently at Open House on 8/16 from 5-7. Chromebooks can be turned in and received the first week of school in the Media Center.
Open House is a family event, please come to enjoy a meal with your family and friends witho ur food trucks, meet our staff and tour our building. Food trucks are available for purchase beginning at 4:15-7:00. Meet and Greet and Tours are from 5-7.
- Final schedules for students will be available on August 12th. We will print that schedule for your 6th grade student (all other students can view PowerSchool) so they can walk their schedule with their mentor during their tour at orientation.
- Mentors will teach students how to open their lockers and practice. Teams will also take time the first week to do this during the school day.
- ALL 6th Grade students: Please bring your current Chromebook, Charger, and Case with you to ORIENTATION to receive a new device. Students will only receive a new device when they return their current one.
- Final schedules for students will be available on August 12 and can be viewed on PowerSchool. 6th graders will receive a paper copy of this as well at Orientation.
- Classes and teams are not yet finalized
- Counselors return 8/10 and will be finalizing schedules and emails at that time.
SMS OPEN HOUSE- August 16th, 5-7 p.m.
Come early and enjoy Off the Griddle and Kona Ice , available for purchase from 4:15-7:00 p.m. A picnic area will be set up to enjoy time with your family and others at SMS! We look forward to kicking off the school year and seeing everyone soon!
2022-23 Important Back to School Dates
- Mustang Mentor Training: August 11th, 8:00am-12:00pm @SMS
- New Student Orientation (7/8th graders new to the District) August 11th- 1:00-2:00 p.m. @ SMS
- 6th grade Orientation: August 12th- Last Names: A-L 9:30-11:30, M-Z 12:30-2:30
- Open House: August 16th, - Food Trucks(4:15-7p.m.), Meet and Greet and Tour your Schedule (5-7p.m.)
- First Day of School: August 17th, 7:55 a.m.- 3:00 p.m., 6-8th grade
We are excited to see you on August 11th from 8-12 for our training! All mentors need to attend. If you have not paid your $5 please be sure to bring this with you on Thursday, and a pen or pencil.
Orientation is Friday, August 12th. All mentors will need to be at orientation as well from 8:30-3:00. Lunch will be provided. Contact Mrs. Boytim with any questions (email@example.com)
We can't wait to see you all!
School Supplies 22-23
Please note: We are adopting a color coding system to help students organize and develop skills throughout 6-8th grade. Please purchase the following colors for each subject area's notebooks and folders.
Social Studies- blue
Voyagers (Encore courses)- black and gray
HONORS CLASSES SUMMER WORK- REQUIRED
Moves or Transfers
SCS Anonymous Reporting System
8th Grade DC TRIP
Hi 8th Grade Parents!
We are excited to announce that our incoming 8th graders will be going to Washington DC this fall! This email and two attachments contain all the information you need to register your Strongsville Middle School 8th grader.
Some important information:
- We are using Nowak Tours as our travel company
- Trip dates - Saturday, November 5, 2022 - Monday, November 7, 2022
- Payment in full is due Friday, September 9, 2022
- Mandatory Parent Meeting Tuesday, August 23 at 7:00PM at Strongsville High School auditorium.
- Register now at: http://www.nowaktours.com, click traveler login, trip ID: STMSDC2022
The full itinerary and registration information is attached to this email. There are also slides attached with important information for you to review.
If you have any questions, please email Sarah and Haley
Follow SMS on Instagram @ STRONGSVILLEMIDDLESCHOOL or @TheSMSMustangs on Twitter!
Strongsville Middle School
Mrs. Boytim: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Peters: email@example.com
Mr. Szczepanski: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Pietrocini (6): email@example.com
Mrs. Staats (7): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gerber (8): email@example.com