Family Newsletter, December 2021
A Message From the Principal
I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and were able to spend quality time with family and friends!
We are looking forward to all the fun and festivities that we have in store for our students over the next 3 weeks as we head into the Christmas Holidays! While we know the holidays can be hectic for children as well as adults, our goal is to not only provide the best education possible for your child, but also to provide them with a memorable school experience by having fun while learning!
We certainly hope that you and your child can join us in celebrating this wonderful season - when peace, joy, hope and the spirit of giving abound!
As I greet students each morning and visit classrooms each day, I can't help but think of how blessed I am to get to do what I do! The opportunity to help guide and grow your children is a true gift - one of the greatest I will receive this year!
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your child's life!
They are the reason it is always a GREAT day to be a LEOPARD!
Christmas Holidays, Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
Wednesday, Dec. 1st
- Wear your favorite Christmas Tee
Thursday, Dec. 2nd
- Wear your Christmas Lights and Bling
- Starbase (select 5th graders)
- Christmas on Main Street, 5:30 - 7:30, 2nd and 3rd graders will be singing at 5:30
Friday, Dec. 3rd
- Wear your Elf Attire
Monday, Dec. 6th
- Dress like a snowman or wear white today
Tuesday, Dec. 7th
- Wear your favorite Christmas hat
- LPISD Board Meeting, LPISD Board Room, 7:00
Wednesday, Dec. 8th
- Wear something red and white
- Wear your favorite Santa shirt
- Houston Museum of Natural Science/Starbase (select 5th graders)
- Winter Wonderland, LPE, 5:00 - 7:00
Friday, Dec. 10th
- Wear your Christmas plaid or flannel
- Campus Written Spelling Bee, 3rd - 5th
Monday, Dec. 13th
- Wear an ugly Christmas shirt or sweater
- 5th Grade holiday Concert, Bulldog Centre, 8:30
- Mod Pizza Spirit Day, 20% of all sales will be donated to LPE
- Wear your Grinch Green
- District Stakeholder Meeting, LPHS Student Center, 6:00, all stakeholders are welcome
- Wear your Christmas Leopard Gear
- 5th Grade Veterans Day Program, link will be sent home for families to enjoy
- End of 1st grading period (PK/K)
- Wear Christmas gear from head to toe
- Starbase (select 5th graders)
- Traveling Choir Performances (select 4th gradaers)
- Christmas Parties, 2:00- 3:00
Friday, Dec. 17th
- Wear your Christmas PJs
- Leopard of the Month, LPE Library, 7:15
- Early Dismissal, 11:20
- End of 2nd 9 Weeks
Wednesday, Jan. 5th
- Students Return to School
- Beginning of 3rd 9 Weeks
- Please continue to strive to have your child at school, on time, every day! Attendance Matters!
- Remember, our goal is that all students are in the classroom by the time the tardy bell rings at 7:50!
- If your child is absent, for any reason, please remember to send a note when they return. If a student is absent due to illness for more than 3 days, a doctor's note is required.
- Morning traffic patterns have been a little hectic lately, but we are continuing to work on ensuring that the morning car rider lines runs efficiently. Please help us by making sure your child is ready to exit the car when they pull up to the drop off area! This truly makes a huge difference!
- Due to safety concerns, please do not use the library parking lot as a drop off or pick up area in the mornings or the afternoons!
- If we all do our part, we can ensure that our lines run smoothly and that our students remain safe - after all, we are #StrongerTogether!
Label, Label, Label
- Cooler weather is here, so don't forget to label all outerwear (jackets, gloves, hats, etc.) with your child's first and last name! Lunch kits and water bottles should also be labeled. This helps us return all misplaced items to their rightful owners!
- Our lost and found is already filling up, so if your child is missing anything, please encourage them to check the lost and found!
- During the month of November, we began to see our first volunteers and visitors back on campus! We welcomed several volunteers who read to students and assisted teachers with material preparation! We also welcomed our first visitors to our November Leopard of the Month!
- We are excited to be able to provide more volunteer opportunities as the year continues - including helping out in the PTO room, assisting with special projects/events and mentoring students.
- Our next volunteer opportunity is right around the corner - Winter Wonderland! If you are interested in volunteering at this event, I encourage you to reach out to our PTO as they are coordinating our volunteers for this event!
- If you are interested in volunteering on campus during the school day, you will need to complete the volunteer application - just click on the link below and it should guide you through the process!
- LPISD wants our students to have an advantage in life through a cutting-edge, world-class education system! They are currently exploring the possibility of a bond in 2022 to help us accomplish our mission. Please click on the link below to visit our 2022 Bond Exploration page.
- The district, through our DEIC (District Educational Improvement Committee) is currently working on a proposal for the 2022 - 2023 School Calendar! In addition to the input from parents, teachers and community members that serve on the committee, they will be seeking additional input from all stakeholders! Please be on the look out for a calendar survey that will be available to all parents SOON! Your input is important, so when you receive the survey, please take a moment to complete it!
- If you have additional questions or concerns about our routines, procedures and expectations, feel free to contact myself or your child's classroom teacher via phone or email OR click on the link below to view the LPE Student Handbook!
Hello, LPE Families. Our character trait for the month of December is Kindness. What a perfect time of the year to intentionally think about not only showing kindness to others, but also noticing when others act in kind caring ways. It has been such a joy to listen to students point out actions of their classmates, teachers, and family that are encouraging and promote positivity. They are truly changing the world through focusing on the good. Thank you for sharing your students with us and modeling kindness to them! As always, please reach out if I can help your student or family.