The steps for it
- The first thing that you should do is you should estimate.
- Round the nearest number that has 2 digits.
- Then you should round the number to a (friendly) number with the divisor.
- Then when you have your answer, you should start dividing.
- Make a house for your problem and the first number goes in the house.
- Then you put the other number outside the house.
- If your problem has a decimal BRING UP THE DECIMAL!
- Then you just divide.
- If your problem has a remainder and a 0 at the end and bring it down.
- If you have over 3 zeros you probable did something wrong, but if you can´t that`s your remainder.
- Once you get your first answer if you have a number still have a number left over bring it down.
- Circle your last answer.
Dividing a whole number by a decimal | Decimals | Pre-Algebra | Khan Academy