NHW Weekly - April 4th
To NHW Parents/Guardians:
Bowling Sign-up --- CLOSED
For the safety of students, and devices in bookbags, we must close down anymore students wishing to go. The program will reopen again in the Fall for any student wishing to join. Sign-up early so your child can go.
Grade 4 - Bedtime and Books
Breakfast Changes this week
Tuesday - Soft Cereal Bar Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Cereal -Rice Krispies
Wednesday - Mini Bagel Cinnamon with Cream Cheese or Pop Tart - Strawberry
Thursday - French Toast or Cereal - Tootie Frooties
Friday - Waffles - Cinnamon or Pop Tart Fudge
Kids Heart Challenge and the Hershey Bears
The American Heart Association and the Hershey Bears are thrilled to partner together once again to fight heart disease and stroke in our local communities! This March and April, the Hershey Bears are inviting our Kids Heart Challenge school students and their families to the GIANT Center to enjoy a game and support the American Heart Association’s Life is Why campaign. The Hershey Bears will be donating $3 from every ticket sold through their Life is Why campaign website (see link below) to the American Heart Association.
Families can choose from one of the following Life is Why games and learn more about how they can support this campaign by clicking here: https://fevo.me/lifeiswhy
- Saturday, April 9
- Sunday, April 10
- Sunday, April 17
- Saturday, April 23
- Sunday, April 24
2022-2023 School Calendar
Below is the current proposed calendar for your planning purposes for 2022-2023 school year.
Click to enter Skyward, Volunteer Info, School Safety Tip Hotline, Transportation, Etc.
This Weeks Pride Winners Are.......
Lost & Found Items Still Unclaimed
PTO - Joe Corbi Fundraiser
The fundraiser is over. Thanks to everyone that participated.
Items will be delivered and available for pick-up on Thursday, April 21.
The April PTO meeting will be held on Monday, April 11, 2022 at 6 p.m.
(rescheduled from April 12).
Location: NHW Library
If you missed the sale, a few may be available on first come basis for $20.00 cash. We will alert you closer to mid-May regarding this.
- Soda/Monster Drinks -- Please no soda or monster drinks in packed lunches / Water only in drink bottles in classrooms. See student handbook pages 9 & 10.
- Attendance -- Students leaving before 12:10pm and not returning to school will be marked a full day absence. Please schedule appointments later in afternoon.
- NHW After School Hours -- If visiting the school grounds after hours, please make sure your children are supervised at all times. Please make sure to exit grounds at dusk, and we ask that no children are knocking on the windows of the school. Thanks for your cooperation!
- Hybrid Days --- Please click here as hybrid has changed from last year.
- Water Bottles -- Please bring water bottles for your child to fill up during the day
- Kindergarten Registration --- Do you have a child who will be 5 on or before August 31, 2022? Do you plan to register them for kindergarten? If so, the online kindergarten registration process opened on February 1st at kinder.rlasd.net.
- HersheyPark Tickets - Orders are due April 13th.
- Color Fun Run - Purchase your tickets (May 21, 2022) at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/color-fun-run-tickets-288896596497 Questions, call Erin Rogers for more details (410-262-2969).
- After School Events -- If there is a change in schedule, please contact the office immediately so there is no confusion to where your child should be. Emails sometimes are not received till after students dismiss for the day.
- Memory Books - They will be delivered towards the end of May 2022.
- Joe Corbi Fundraiser - Delivery will be April 21st
2021-2022 School Year
4 - Band Rehearsal at NHW
4 - Running w/The Lions Begins Gr 4-6 After School - Pickup 4:45pm
6 - Byrnes Health Center Visits Grade 5 / Grade 1 In-House Field Trip
6 - Running w/The Lions Begins GrK-3 and 4-6 After School - Pickup 4:45pm
6 - Bedtime and Books - Grade 4 -- 7:00pm
7 - Elementary Blue Spirit Day / Good News Club After School - Pickup 4:50 p.m.
8 - Byrnes Health Center Visits Grade 1
8 - Bowling After School
11 - PTO Meeting 6pm at NHW Library
11 - Running with the Lions After School - Pickup 4:45 (Grade 4-6)
12 - Band Rehearsal at NHW
13 - Grade 4 Permission Slips Due for Field Trip / HersheyPark Tickets Orders Due
13 - Running with the Lions After School - Pickup 4:45 (Grades K-6)
14 - No School for Students / Office Closed (Weather Makeup Day (if needed))
15 - No School for Students / Office Closed
17 - Easter
18 - Tax Day / No School for Students / Office Closed / (Weather Makeup Day (if needed)
19 - Mr. Fillizzi visits Grade 5 for Science Experiment
20 - Running with the Lions After School - Pickup 4:45 (Grades K-6)
21 - Elementary Flower Power /Tie Dye Spirit Day
21 - Joe Corbi Fundraiser Pickup
21 - Grade 4 Field Trip -- Raindate April 28th / Good News Club After School
22 - Mrs. Byrley's Beginner at LJM in PM
22 - Bowling After School
25 - Band Rehearsal at NHW
25 - PSSA Language Arts Grade 3-6
25 - Running with the Lions After School (Grades 4-6)
26 - PSSA Language Arts Grade 3-6
26 - Mrs. Byrley's Concert Orch. @ LJM in PM
27 - PSSA Language Arts Grade 3-6
27 - Running with the Lions After School (Grades K-6)
28 - Grade 4 Field Trip (Rain Date)
29 - Arbor Day / Mrs. Byrley's Beginner @ LJM in PM
29 - Bowling After School
2 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
3 - PSSA Math Grade 3-6 / Mrs. Byrley's Concert Orch @ LJM in PM
4 - PSSA Math Grade 3-6 / Orchestera Dress Rehearsal @ SH 6:00-8:00pm
4 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades K-6
5 - Fiesta Spirit Day / Band Dress Rehearsal @ SH
7 - Spring Instrumental Concerts (Orchestra begins 5pm and Band 7pm @ SH)
8 - Mother's Day
9 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
10 - PSSA Science Grade 4 Only / PTO Meeting 6pm
11 - PSSA Science Grade 4 Only
11 - Running with the Lions After School Grades K-6 / PTO Spring Book Fair
11 - Parent Shopping PTO Spring Book Fair 5:00-7:00pm
12 - Grade K In-House Field Trip / PTO Spring Book Fair
13 - PTO Spring Book Fair Ends / Absentee Shopping for Book Fair
16 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades 4-6
17 - ACT 80 Day - No School for Students / Office Closed
18 - Running with the Lions After School - Grades K-6 (LAST SESSION)
19 - Red/White and Blue Spirit Day
21 - NHW Color Run Day (held at NHW Elem. School Building)
27 - Last Day of School for Students / Early Dismissal (TBA later)
27 - PM / Teacher Professional Development Day
30 - Memorial Day / Office is Closed
1 - PTO Roller-R-Way Night 6:00-8:00pm (more info to come)
2 - Office Closed in PM for the Summer (Tentative date)
Anyone needing inside the building, contact HughesS@rlasd.net to make
10 - Free Dental Clinic at York Expo
11 - Free Dental Clinic at York Expo
** NOTE: District calendar days is subject to change as deemed necessary by the Board of School Directors **