The Stingray Sentinel
News for the Families of Duval Charter School at Southside
Monday, January 4, 2016
Happy New Year!
I hope each of you had a wonderful and joyous winter break with your children. It was a pleasure seeing their smiling faces back at school today. The building is truly an empty place without the laughter and spirit your children bring.
We are back and ready to hit the ground running once again. We will continue to work hard to make sure we are giving your child the best education around, and we thank you for all you do for your children and our school.
Duval Charter School at Southside
It's Time to Recommit for Next Year!
1) Follow the email that Ms. Edstrom sent a few weeks ago that includes your recommit code, or
2) Email Ms. Edstrom that you want to recommit your child for the 16-17 school year. Please make sure to include the full names of all of your children attending (mailto:email@example.com), or
3) Call the office during the school day (8am-2:30pm) and let the receptionist know you are wanting to recommit for the 16-17 school year. Please give the full names of all your children.
Thank you for trusting your children with us! We know it's difficult to find a great place for your children, and we're glad you recognize our rigorous academics, safety priority, caring teachers, and character development as a place that's perfect for your family.
Your Pie "Fun"raiser!
Come out to Your Pie, a local (and delicious) pizza place just down the street. They were one of our community partners that donated to our student awards ceremonies, and to the teachers. They want to continue to help us by donating 10% of all sales on Wednesday (2p-9p) to our school!
Let's show up and give them some thanks, eat some great pizza, and earn some money for the school!
As a BONUS, the class or middle school cohort that has the highest attendance throughout the event, will receive a pizza party at school!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Your Pie Fundraiser
Wednesday, Jan. 6th, 2-9pm
4828 East Deer Lake Drive
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- Wednesday, January 6 - Early Release AND Your Pie "Fun" Raiser night. 2pm-9pm, 10% of all sales come back to the school!
- Thursday, January 7 - PTC 8:15a, 6pm; Science Fair 5th-7th
- Friday, January 8 - CSUSA Network-Wide Spelling Bee; National Junior Honor Society Packets are due
- Saturday, January 9 - School Choice Expo at the Prime Osborn Convention Center, 11a-3p. Want to help us spread the word about DCSS? Come to the Convention Center and help us get the word out! Please sign up by clicking the volunteer button below, and if you have a DCSS spirit shirt, please wear it.
6th-7th Grade PE Uniforms Required
Again, these are only a requirement for middle school PE students. If students choose to dress down for PE, they must be in the DCSS uniform starting January 4.
Thank you for your cooperation in this uniform policy!
More Easy Volunteer Opportunities
Refer a family to one of our Enrollment Information Sessions for the 16-17 school year, and get 1 volunteer hour! No limit to the number of families you refer. Once the family confirms they attended a session, simply log your hour - it's a simple as that!
In addition, you can refer a family to stop by our booth at the School Choice Expo this Saturday from 11-3 at the Prime Osborn Convention Center! If they stop at the booth AND come to a session, that's a quick and easy 2 volunteer hours in your bank.
- Saturday, January 9: School Choice Expo, 11a-3pm at the Prime Osborn Convention Center. If a family you refer stops by our booth, you get 1 hour!
- Tuesday, January 19: 9:30am or 6:00pm, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Thursday, January 29: 9:30am or 6:00 pm, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Thursday, February 18: 9:30am or 6:00 pm, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Saturday, February 27: 10:00am, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Thursday, March 31: 9:30am or 6:00 pm, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Saturday, April 16: 10:00am, refer a family, you get 1 hour!