Inside A Monster Storm
By: Maddie and Aishwarya
- Hurricane=Massive, whirling storm with very powerful winds that release a lot of energy.
- 3 key parts
- The eye=calm spot in center of storm.
- The eye wall=thunderstorms surrounding the eye (5-30mph winds)
- Rainbands=bands of dense clouds that swirl around eye wall (make rain)
- Atlantic hurricanes are born off the coast of Africa (trade winds blow it from east to west across Atlantic)
- The exact track/path of a hurricane is unpredictable
Inside a Hurricane's Eye