Renaissance Gifted & Music Academy
A Shameless Plea for Technology Funds- Tell the government EXACTLY how to spend your tax dollars!
Be sure that your donation will be contributed to the Renaissance Academy technology purchases:
· Part 1: Select Highland Lakes as your school of choice
· Part 2: Write “Renaissance Academy Technology Club” for the extracurricular activity choice
Your donation will put technology directly into Renaissance students' hands. Thank you for your consideration! For more information, please read the full parent letter that was sent home this week.
- 1st/2nd grade explored Pilgrim life in a two week interactive unit, visited the Wildlife World Zoo, and continue to enjoy sharing their weekly "Friday Projects".
- 3rd grade visited the Pioneer Living History Museum, researched and created presentations on national symbols and colonial times, explored the physics of sound through exciting hands-on experiments, and published poetry and personal narratives.
- 4th grade researched the history of the Glen Canyon Dam and its effects on the Colorado River and The Grand Canyon ecosystems. They determined the positive and negatives effects of the dam, chose a position and wrote a persuasive essay defending their opinion, and providing factual evidence from their readings.
- 5th and 6th grades enjoyed an exciting learning experience with their trip to AstroCamp.
- 6th grade completed video documentaries on world problems and potential solutions. They have delved into ancient Greek history and look forward to their Greek Festival Days on December 19th and 20th.
- Middle school students experienced a Civil War simulation, built water cannons, and explored a portable planetarium.
- The piano lab is now in use! After a bit of technical difficulty, students are now using the lab during general music.
- 3rd through 8th grade choruses performed at the District Chorus Festival.
- 3rd Grade is flying through Recorder Karate Belts.
- 4th Grade had hands on experience playing Clarinet and is currently working on percussion using the piano lab and note and rhythm reading skills through Boomwhacker holiday songs.
- The 7th and 8th grade band and orchestra students participated in "An Evening of Music and Pie".
- Our Anthem families have reported great success with the morning and afternoon bus.
We will need donations to include the following items:
· Manual labor
· Sprinkler system supplies and installation
· Railroad ties or other border materials
· Stones, boulders, pavers, etc.
· Gardening tools
We hope to have the garden ready to plant a spring crop!
Upcoming Concerts- Please Join Us!
Chorus Concert: December 4th 6:30PM at HL
Band Concert: December 5th 6:30PM at HL
Orchestra Concert: December 6th 6:30PM at HL
Orchestra 7/8 with 4-6 Advanced Orchestra members and flute ensembles: December 7th
6:00-6:45PM at The Shops at Norterra
Congratulations! 7th Grade Orchestra Students from Highland Lakes selected for Arizona Jr. High All State Orchestra
"Music Man Jr."
Veteran's Day Poetry Contest and Ceremony
Winners for the Highland Lakes Veteran's Day poetry contest included two Renaissance Students. Congratulations to all of the winners!
Ashley Robertson, 3rd grade
Orion Lawrenz, 5th grade class
Katelin Crabtree, 7th grade
Winners will read their poems during a ceremony to honor veterans at Highland Lakes on Friday, December 7, with a ceremony at 10:45. Each veteran who attends Friday’s ceremony will receive a book of poetry written by our talented students.