September 10, 2021
Hello Stetson Families,
We hope you enjoyed our open house this week. It was great to see you in person. Thank you for taking the time to read our procedures to provide a safe and in-person experience. For those of you that viewed at home, our open house videos will remain on our website for the rest of the month.
While the week was short, we have lots of important information below.
Thanks for your time and attention in reading this week's edition!
Relax and have a great long weekend,
Calendar --Look Ahead and Plan
September 13th--Day 2
September 14th--Day 3
September 15th--Day 4
September 16th--NO SCHOOL *Yom Kippur
September 17th--Day 5
Daily bell schedule
Technology concerns--If technical issues arise, please use the following resources:
Tech Support @ Home – WCASD website with important information:
- Schoology Support
- Laptop Support
- Additional Resources
If there is an issue with your 1:1 device please email SMS email@example.com
Dismissal/Drop off Procedures
- Drop off is between 7:30 am - 8:05 am
- Student pick-up is between 2:50-3:10 pm.
- ALL cars MUST loop up to Starkweather and loop around before entering the Stetson car line loop
- It is vital to follow this procedure as we have experienced 202 traffic causing on-campus gridlock and delaying the start of the school day.
- Please allow ample time for drop off to avoid tardies
- When students arrive at school between 7:30 - 7:50 am, they will remain in one location until the first bell rings at 7:50 am.
- 6th grade will remain in the cafe
- 7th/8th grade will remain in LGI
- Students arriving after 7:50 am will report directly to homeroom
- Students will be considered late to school if they arrive AFTER 8:05 am
- Please use the crosswalk to pick up your child from the parking lot, safety is important to us! **We prefer that you use the car dismissal line for safety purposes!
Show map HERE
A Word From Our Athletic Department
Fall sports will begin next week. Following is the contact information for our coaches:
Football-- Mr. Pete Stolzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Hockey-- Mrs. Melissa Moritsch email@example.com
Volleyball-- Mr. Jim Ascareggi firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Soccer--Ms. Erica Roebuck email@example.com
Girls soccer-- Ms. Erin Listrani firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheerleading--Ms. Rachel McDonald email@example.com
Boys’ Soccer will have a meeting from 3-4 pm on Monday, September 13th in G116. Tryouts will begin on Tuesday, September 14th.
September 14th--Football game at Lionville MS starts at 3:15 pm
Stetson Drama Club--6th through 8th grades
Do you love theater and music? Stetson Drama Club is starting rehearsals for All Together Now, which is a musical review of 15 popular songs from 15 different musicals, such as Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Seize the Day, Mary Poppins, and Hairspray. There are 9 solo opportunities and 6 group numbers. We will meet on Monday, September 20, from 3:00 – 4:30 for an informational meeting in the LGI and the start of two months of rehearsals. If you would like to join the Stetson MS Drama Club Group on Schoology, go to Groups and sign up with the code HXB5-DWMK-2M3D3. You can also just show up on September 20th in the Stetson LGI at 3:00 where more information and handouts will be given.
Mrs. Ann Ellis --firstname.lastname@example.org
Newspaper Club- Falcon Flyer
The Falcon Flyer Newspaper Club will hold an introductory meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 3-4:00 in Room B106. Students in 6th, 7th and 8th grades are welcome. Any student interested in writing, photography, page design and publication should check out the Newspaper Club. See Mrs. Claffey in Room B106 or email email@example.com for more information.
6th & 8th Grade Parents ONLY
- Ms. Casey Cerullo--6th-grade counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Robert Schwartz--8th-grade counselor email@example.com
We are happy to have them here with us and please feel free to reach out to them with any concerns.