Friday Feedback - 10/13/17
"The Energy Bus"
"The Energy Bus"
Here are the highlights that I think really apply to all of us as educators and leaders of children and these reminders are especially important to remember when conflict disrupts the learning environment and motivation levels decrease as the days get shorter -
1. You're the driver of your "bus" (life). It's far too easy to let factors outside of our control be barriers. Take control of the factors you can influence and don't dwell on those that aren't.
2. Desire, vision, and focus move your bus in the right direction.
3. Fuel your ride with positive energy. Positivity is contagious. Spread it.
4. Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead. Don't let the "Negative Nelly" or the "Energy Vampire" bring you down. Be a Believer!
5. Don't waste your energy on those who don't get on your bus. They will naturally find their way on if it's worth getting on.
6. Make it clear that on your bus there are "No Energy Vampires Allowed" and make your decisions based on your best passengers.
7. Enthusiasm and positivity attract more passengers and this energizes them during their ride.
8. Love your passengers. Relationships are critical. Remember the rules of FIERCE
9. Drive with purpose. Communicate your purpose early and often.
10. Have fun and enjoy the ride...it's a short one.
I'm a firm believer in all of these ideas because at the end of the day, the things we are stressing or worrying about today, we probably won't even remember a month or year from now. Live life to the fullest, enjoy every day and the passengers around you.
It's a short ride.
"Great teachers work hard to keep their relationships in good repair to avoid personal hurt and to repair any possible damage. Effective teachers take advantage of teachable moments" - Todd Whitaker, What Great Teachers Do Differently, Chapter 11 p. 71
What's Coming Up?
Tuesday 10/17 - MS Football @ home
Wednesday 10/18 - School Pictures
Thursday 10/19 - Fire Drill - 1 pm
Down the Road...
10/23-10/27 - Red Ribbon Week
Thursday 10/26 - End of 1st Quarter
Friday 10/27 - 6th Grade Bluegrass Festival; PTO's Haunted Halls of DCMS