November 15-19, 2021
Kyle Elementary School
Linda Garcia, Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Judith Martinez, Counselor (email@example.com)
Kristal Mathews, Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Office Hours: 7:05 am-3:30 pm
Student Day: 7:35 am-2:55 pm
Campus closed to visitors
Please call (512) 268-3311 for assistance
From Mrs. Lucita
Last week was a week for all of us to show gratitude and kindness. We hope you enjoyed our Veterans Day video. Mrs. Wilds and team did an amazing job organizing and putting it all together! Friday we celebrated World Kindness Day and our Orange House - Attitude of Gratitude. Shout out to Mrs. Martinez and Mrs. Ault for an incredible assembly. Ask your student(s) how they show kindness to others! This week we will finish up our HOUSE Feather Challenge on 11/16.
Next week we will be off for the Thanksgiving Break. We are thankful for our KES Families and hope everyone has a wonderful time with family and friends.
Mrs. Martinez, KES Counselor has added new Tips for Home and places for Thanksgiving Meals. See Counselor Section later in newsletter for links and details.
There will not be a newsletter on 11/21. Next newsletter will be on 11/28! Happy Thanksgiving!
Karen Lucita, Principal
Be Good. Be Kind. Love Others.
Happening This Week!
GT Referral Period 11/1-11/30
- Wear Gray Day
Thanksgiving lunch at school - no visitors this year. Parent/community member meals will be available at the PAC. They can be purchased thru Revtrak with the link provided.
Coming up Next Week:
Thanksgiving Break! 11/22-11/26. We will see our Panthers on Monday, 11/29
- Wear White
- House Color Day - Live to Give
- The Hays CISD Gifted and Talented referral process starts on Monday, 11/1-11/30.
- If you LOVE something a Hays CISD staff member has done for you, you can let them know by submitting a Hays High Five! Click on the link and share with them! Hays High Five - ALL staff could use some praise and acknowledgement!
- If your student is out due to being ill, please contact their teacher. Classroom teachers will give you directions and how to complete missed work. Please notify KES Attendance @ email@example.com and our Campus Nurse, @ firstname.lastname@example.org
December Spirit Days!
We will be showering our staff with love and gratitude during the month of December. We are looking for gift card donations to give to our staff during the last 2 weeks of the fall semester. If you or someone you know would like to donate gift cards (any $$ amount), please email Mrs. Lucita at email@example.com. Some favorite places: Sonic, Starbuck, Summer Moon, Target, Amazon (to name just a few). We need the gift cards by December 6th. Thank you in advance!
PTA Fun with Feathers!
Fun with Feathers HOUSE COMPETITION!
Help your HOUSE get the MOST turkey feathers November 10th-16th. Bring your change and buy feathers for your HOUSE. Feathers will be on sale for .25 cents by the front office each morning 7:05-7:30 AM. You can purchase as many feathers as you wish.The House with the MOST feathers will win a HOUSE PARTY!
** Please note - our front office staff cannot accept money.
KES 21-22 Yearbook
The G/T referral period will be open from November 1 - 30. Students can be referred by parents or teachers. The link to refer a student will be available on Monday, 11/1 https://www.hayscisd.net/Page/3392
Notes from Nurse Mathews, RN
Welcome to November! We made it!
Another month down and now we are heading into the holidays! As we head into the holiday season self care becomes so important. Not only for our students, but for the whole family as well. Below are some ways to help with self care during this busy time of the year.
Take it Easy! Self-Care will help your whole family:
1 .Make time for yourself
2. Designate personal time. Prioritize healthy choices.
3. Try to eat healthy and get the proper amount of sleep.
4. Be realistic. Give yourself forgiveness and try your best to not be hard on yourself or others.
5. Set boundaries. Limit your exposure to news coverage and social media that can invoke worst-case scenarios.
6. Reconnect with things you enjoy. Do a hobby or activity you enjoy but don’t normally have time for.
Tips for supporting kids:
1.Keep a routine.Sticking to a regular schedule is key, even when you’re all at home all day.
2. Kids should get up, eat and go to bed at their normal times. This routine will help calm them and give them a sense of normalcy.
3.Be creative about exercise. Take a daily family walk or bike ride or do yoga. Find some ways to let kids burn off energy and make sure everyone is staying active.
4. Manage your own anxiety If you’re feeling overwhelmed, step away and take a break.
5. Stay in touch virtually. Keep your support network strong, even when you’re only able to call or text friends and family. Technology can help your children feel connected to their friends and family. Make sure to always monitor their screen time.
Preschool-aged children (ages 3 through 5 years) should be physically active throughout the day for growth and development. Adult caregivers should encourage preschool-aged children to be active when they play—aiming for 3 hours a day—and limit their screen time.
Children and adolescents (ages 6 through 17 )years should do 60 minutes (1 hour) or more of moderate-to-vigorous intensity physical activity each day, including daily aerobic – and activities that strengthen bones (like running or jumping) – 3 days each week, and that build muscles (like climbing or doing push-ups) – 3 days each week.
Vision/ Hearing Screenings
I also wanted to let you know that we WILL be doing Vision/Hearing screening on Tuesday November 9th. These are State required screenings for grades PK, K, 1,3 and 5. You will be notified by email/letter (in the regular mail) if your child fails one of the required screenings. Please make sure that we have a current address/email on file for your child.
Kristal Mathews, RN
KES PTA News
PTA grade Level member winner will be announced next week during announcements.
JOIN KES PTA!
Choose District: Hays CISD
PTA: Kyle Elementary School
** Membership helps our students and teachers! Thank you in advance for joining!!
PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
2021-2022 PTA Board
Matt Greengold- President
Kathy Martinez- VP Fundraising
Ashley Pittman- VP Membership
Tina Beskow- Secretary
Stephanie Lopez- Treasurer
Below Items to know & Access!
Ms. Martinez - KES School Counselor
What does the school counselor do?
Check out my virtual office here! If you need any assistance, please complete the forms on last slide in my virtual office - also linked below
Tips for Home
SMART TAGS (Campus ID's)
- If your student is a bus rider, they will have their ID's attached to their back pack and will need their ID to enter the bus. Please make sure they bring their ID daily with them to school.
- If your student does not ride a bus, they will keep their ID's at school. If an ID makes it home, please make sure they return it the next day.
If a student loses their ID, there will be a $5.00 replacement fee. Starting this year, ALL Hays CISD students will wear ID's while on campus.
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and KES Houses
At KES we use a school wide House System. Each staff and student is a member of a House that represents a 7 Mindset and Character Trait. All new students and staff will learn which house they will join during the 1st week of school!
Each month we will focus on a Mindset and Character Trait.
September = Introduction and Review of 7 Mindsets
October = 100% Accountable
November = Attitude of Gratitude
December = Live to Give
January = Everything is Possible
February = Passion First
March = We are Connected
April = The Time is Now
May/June = Review 7 Mindsets
If you wish to purchase House shirts, please use the following link. All KES students and staff will receive a House shirt this year.
Need KES Apparel?
Other ways to contact them
The Block Screen Printing
(All Dates are Subject to Change)
Dress Like a Snowman
Dress Like a Reindeer
Dress Like a Present
Dress in Plaid or Flannel
Dress Like a Grinch Character or wear Red & Green
PTA Family Movie Night
Dress Like an Elf
Dress Like Gingerbread person
Dress in Ugliest Holiday Sweater
Dress in Pajamas
2nd Nine Weeks Pep Rally
Dress in holiday gear and accessories
- Student holiday / teacher planning - NEW DATE ADDED to Hays CISD School Calendar