Gustav Theodor Fechner
april 19, 1801 - november 18, 1887
Interesting Facts !!!!
- Although he was educated in biological science, Fechner turned to mathematics and physics.
- he proposed that mind and body were just different sidesof one reality.
- From about 1865 he delved into experimental aesthetics and sought to determine by actual measurements which shapes and dimensions are most aesthetically pleasing.
Contribtions or Historical Impact on the Psychology
Gustav created theories of the different sides of one reality as mind and body. He also developed experimental procedures still used in the genre of experimental psychology. He devised an equation to express the theory of the just-noticeable difference that concerns the sensory ability to identify two different stimuli that are just noticeablydifferent from eachother. He got into the subject of philosphy, he discussed his idea of a universal consciousness at length in a work containing his plan of psychophysics (concerned with quantitative relations between sensations and the stimuli producing them).
How is His Reserch Used Today??
Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/gustav-fechner#ixzz2sYXiZybl
- what stimulis produce certian reactions?
- Are there spiritual beings seperate from the body ?
- Should you ignore just-noticable differences?
- Aremost people influenced by their religous upbring and education in certian subjects?
- Is experimental psychology quantifable ?