We Are Family - Summer 2021
Thursday evening we hosted Ms. Sarah Milligan from the Institute for Quality Education to talk about the recent changes in the Choice Scholarship program to prospective parents. Much to my surprise, Representative Robert Behning from the Indiana General Assembly visited us during this meeting. Representative Behning was a key supporter of this bill. It was great to meet him and thank him for the work he has done on behalf of Indiana families. I am happy to meet with any family, in-person or via Zoom, who has questions about this program.
Please make sure to check the file attachments at the end of each newsletter. You will find handy files such as tuition, the health and safety plan, a uniform sale flyer, and school supply lists.
Important Back to School Dates:
- New Family Orientation - August 4th at 7 PM in the Parish Center West
- Supply Drop Off and Classroom Visits - August 8th from 12:45 to 3:30 PM
- Back to School Night (parents only) - August 9th at 7 PM in Zore Hall
Though many of our classes are nearing capacity, we still have spots left and plenty of time to enroll! Have any interested parents contact me asap.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
However, if you would normally apply for the free and reduced lunch program, I ask that you continue to apply. The application and parent information letter are available as links at the bottom of this newsletter. This information is used by the state of Indiana to determine our funding for the Title 1 program. This funding helps pay for after-school tutoring and other programs that directly benefit our students. Printed applications will be provided in the back-to-school packets, available for pickup at school, and available in the links on this newsletter. If you have questions about the application, please contact Ashley Trump, cafeteria manager, at email@example.com
Not sure if your child would qualify? Check out the qualification guidelines, including household size and income, on the parent letter linked below.
- Girls grades 4-8 final registration for CYO Kickball is Wednesday, July 21.
- Registration is open for boys and girls CYO cross-country grades 3-8 now thru mid-August.
- Girls CYO Basketball registration is also open now thru August 20th for girls grades 4-8.
- To register simply log on to the website: www.saintsusannaschool.com and choose CYO Registration under the athletics tab. Once on-site, click: St. Susanna Online Sports Registration Form
- For questions or concerns please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Fun RunsWe are excited to start up our summer fun runs again this year! We will meet at 8:30 AM every Saturday in the outdoor performing arts center at Hummel Park. We'll warm up, stretch, and go for a run along the trails. These are open to the entire family! Hope to see you there!
The Uniform Sale will be in the Parish Center on Saturday, July 24th from 12 pm to 4 pm. We will have new and used uniforms for sale as well as spirit wear. As always, an event like this relies on parent volunteers. Volunteer sign-up is here for the July 24th event. Volunteers are still needed!
Class lists will be posted at the uniform sale as well.
To sell items:
- Items should be freshly laundered.
- You may donate items for sale with the proceeds coming back to the school or you can tag your items with your name and price in order to receive payment.
- Items should be dropped off during set-up for the sale on Friday, July 23rd from 3 to 7 pm.
- If you cannot drop off items during set up, please contact Kandi Carson at email@example.com to arrange an early drop-off
- If you would like unsold clothing returned, please make note of that at drop-off.
- If you are selling uniforms, earnings MUST be picked up at 5:00pm on day of sale. Please mark each item with name and price, so we can track your earnings.
Educational Apparel will also be on-site with samples of skirts, skorts, and more. See below for their flyer.
Saint Susanna Parish Festival Dates / E-Learning
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
Car Rider Refreshers
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.