Digital Learning Day
Feb. 23, 2017
DLD is Feb. 23!
Here are three new digital tools you can try out on DLD. If you want to plan something with these tools, or any other idea you have to make this day an extra special one, please let us know! We would love to brainstorm with you!
- Works with students' Google account - no need to set up a new password
- Add comments, links, or questions to videos
- Helps your students engage with flipped lessons, tutorials, and explanations
- Works with Google Drive videos - no need to have it whitelisted
- Authors can track number of viewers and comments
- Students can create their own artwork or use images with citations.
- Embed video, music, maps and more
- Great opportunity for students to share learning with parents or other classes for collaborative "book reports" and have an authentic audience for their work
- Books in the public gallery are available in other languages - great opportunity to tie in for our World Languages department!
- Share editing rights just like within Google Docs so students can work in a team
- Add different layers of content (photos, text, images, links, anything!)
- Connect geography, culture, history, literature, scientific ecosystems, and more!
- Science: Plot locations with certain environments, vegetation or ecosystems
- History: Create map layers of different government systems throughout the world
- Arts: Layer pins of where artistic movements/genres started with audio and visual examples of each