October 16, 2021
THANK YOU for an AMAZING Fall Festival last night!!! It was GREAT to be able to celebrate what an AWESOME Roosevelt Community we have! A few reminders so you can stay in the know:
~ Walk-A-Thon: Please remember this is TODAY! If your child still needs to turn in his/her money, please do this ASAP! Parents and grandparents are invited to walk along with your child’s class to help supervise and cheer them on. Visitors will meet the students outside door #1 and then walk with them on the trail. Visitors may not come inside the building. Here's the schedule for today's walk:
2nd Grade: 12:30pm
3rd Grade: 12:45pm
4th Grade: 1:00pm
5th Grade: 1:15pm
1st Grade: 1:30pm
~ NO SCHOOL on Thursday, October 21 or Friday, October 22 due to MEA.
~ Please join the Roosevelt Elementary Community Facebook page! Our PTO will be pushing out important information using that page, so please join the page and stay in the loop!!!!
~ Application for Educational Benefits: Even though meals are being offered at no charge this year, families that meet financial qualifications should still apply for free and reduced meals. This benefit is used for more than just meals. Extra-curricular activities, reduced price internet, P-EBT benefits and many other programs use this status to help families.
You can apply online in the parent portal on a computer or click here for an application. Please send completed applications to the Roosevelt office or the nutrition services office. Once the application is processed you will receive a letter with either acceptance or denial to the program.
~ School Pictures: These are being rescheduled. Stay tuned for the new date. Here's the online link to order pictures. The school code is: FM370866. Paper copies will also be available in the office should you need/want that. Please have your child come to the office to get a paper copy if you prefer ordering that way.
~ Boxtop Collection — Please submit by October 25: Check your junk drawer! Check your pantry! There are still some Boxtops for Education products out there that have physical clippable Boxtops that we can submit for Roosevelt.
Each Boxtop is worth .10 cents! Please send any unexpired Boxtops to school by October 25, or bring them along to the Fall Festival on Oct 14th or the Walkaton on the 15th, we will have a collection box ready!
~ Family Academy: Please join us and Register to attend Mankato Area Public Schools' Family Academy held virtually on Tuesday, October 26. These no cost workshops provide tips, tools and strategies to help children be successful and focus on fostering the partnerships between families and school. All sessions will be held online. If you have any questions, please call 507-387-5501.
Here's to a great weekend!
IMPORTANT COVID Information...PLEASE READ!
1. If a student is staying home because they are symptomatic with COVID-like symptoms (1 more common or 2 less common) the WHOLE family should be staying home, and vice versa... if someone in the house is testing because of COVID-like symptoms, the student and all other household members should be staying home. *Caveat... if someone in the household is vaccinated, they can continue going to work/school as long as the vaccinated person doesn't have symptoms him/herself.
2. We REQUIRE a negative COVID test to return to school if a student is out of school because they are symptomatic with COVID-like symptoms.
3. We DO NOT accept negative at home antigen tests for return to school for symptoms.
4. If there is a positive household case -- a minimum 10 day quarantine (from last exposure) is REQUIRED for those who are unvaccinated.
5. If someone has been identified as a close contact and are choosing NOT to quarantine, we will exclude that student if they are sick with even one less common COVID-like symptom. They must test negative for COVID before returning to school, and unvaccinated siblings would be sent home in this situation too.
This is lots of information that can be difficult to understand. Please ask if you have questions!