November 12th, 2020
Drop off and Pick Up
Report Cards will be available Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
In an effort to go “green,” save money, and to expedite the delivery of student report cards, LEE will be distributing report cards digitally via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
If you already have an active account for any child in the District, you do not need to take any additional action.
If you do not already have an active account, please contact Marcy Todd at 720-652-8101.
Report cards may be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet by logging into Infinite Campus. Once logged in, select your student. Using the left hand navigation pane, select Elementary Report Card.
November Kids Night Out
Mrs. Shaffer’s STEM Update
I wanted to let you know about an event I think might be interesting for adults and students alike. The Longmont Museum hosts Virtual Thursdays and tonight’s event is “Catcher in the Sky — Tales of Modern Day Science, Research, & Aviation” featuring NCAR scientist Christina McCluskey and NCAR chief pilot Scotty McClain. You can get more information and a link to the event here.
In STEM, I am continuing to work with the students in K-2 until December 4th. We have been working on sequencing in coding using Code.org and our BeeBot robots. Students in grades 3-5 have access to my virtual classroom through their Seesaw and Schoology pages. Everyone in grades 1-5 can continue their coding work at home on Code.org. Please reach out if a student needs their login information.
As always, please feel free to email me with any questions.
Modern Market Restaurant Fundraiser
Sunday November 15, 2020
700 Ken Pratt Blvd Suite 100
You can participate in this fundraiser with a Take out order only. In store orders will not qualify.
Modern Market Eatery will accept your order in several ways:
- Phone Call
- Restaurant Website
Please read the instructions below, so that Modern Market Eatery knows you are with the GroupRaise Meal for Longmont Estates Elementary PTO, and your group will get 30% of your meal’s price donated back!
Call 720-494-1662 and mention that you are with Longmont Estates Elementary PTO before placing your order.
Visit Modern Market Eatery's online order website. Use the promo code of "giveback006" and 30% of your meal’s price will be donated back to Longmont Estates Elementary PTO.
In order to ensure proper staffing, please click here to Commit to Eat.
THANKSGIVING BREAK READING CHALLENGE
(NOVEMBER 20 - NOVEMBER 30)
St. Vrain Valley elementary schools and preschools are invited to participate in the District’s second annual Thanksgiving Reading Challenge.
Participating schools will utilize the myOn reader program to record the number of minutes read by their students over Thanksgiving break.
Please click below for more information.
Kindergarten Round Up
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENROLLMENT
5th grade students who are presently attending Longmont Estates under open enrollment are not guaranteed open enrollment in our feeder middle school (Westview Middle School). If you do not want to go to your neighborhood middle school, you will need to submit an online open enrollment form to the middle school you want to attend. Click here for more information on open enrollment
All 5th grade families regardless of open enrollment status will need to submit an application to your school of choice for the 2021-2022 school year. Applications can be submitted December 1, 2020-December 18, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office at 720-652-8101.
2021-2022 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
As planning begins for the 2021-2022 school year, there are some important dates that are approaching that you need to put on your calendar:
- Preschool Registration: December 1st-December 15th: Submit applications. December 1 through December 15 is the period in which applications for enrollment should be submitted to the requested school. Registration continues after December 15, but choice program may be limited for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Kindergarten/1st-12th Grade Registration: December 1, 2020-December 18, 2020: Submit applications. December 1 through December 18 is the period in which applications for enrollment should be submitted to the requested school.
To register for school, a new student must be:
- a resident of the District (proof of residency required) - if you are not a resident of our attendance area, please click here and refer to Open Enrollment
- between the ages of 5 and 18 years
- 5 years old on or before October 1, 2021 for Kindergarten or 6 years old on or before October 1, 2021 for First grade
The new student must have:
- A birth certificate
- Proof of address such as a utility bill
- Up-to-date immunization records or statement of exemption
- Evidence of a recent physical examination is requested for Preschool
- Name, address, and telephone number of last school attended
Please click on the links below for more information regarding a specific grade level.