Ferson Creek eNews
December 4, 2020
From the Principal...Kristy McKnight
I hope your weekend is filled with great family time and hopefully some sunshine and fresh air!
iReady Diagnostic Testing
Our students began taking their second iReady Diagnostic assessment this week. It is incredibly important that students complete these assessments independently. You can provide encouragement, support, and even reassurance when they come to a question that they don't know the answer to. Please do not read questions to your child or talk through the answers. If they don't know an answer, or what a question is asking, they should guess and move on. The iReady is meant to be an independent assessment, that in turn creates a personalized pathway of instruction for your child. If the test is completed with support, their pathway will not provide the instruction that your child needs. Thank you for your support!
Please click here for a letter regarding the diagnostic and things you can do to support your child as they complete this assessment during remote learning.
Book Checkout During Remote Learning
Please click here for directions regarding checkout for 3rd - 5th grade students.
Please click here for K-1st grade checkout directions.
Ferson is Thankful!
Virtual Ferson Family Art Night!
STC North - National Art Honor Society
The calendars will come in CD cases for desktop display and are a perfect holiday gift for friends and family! They are $10.00 each, and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to Lazarus House.
A poster containing all of the artwork is pictured below.
If you are interested in supporting both local art and people in need, you can order via PushCoin OR if you prefer to pay by check, contact Emma Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13th. You can mail a check to Sally Vincent C/O St. Charles North High School (255 Red Gate Road, St. Charles, IL 60175), made out to the school.
It is the time to be thankful!
Even in the current pandemic, there is so much to be thankful for in District 303. There are three ways that you can contribute to our #D303Thankful Campaign.
- Write a note of appreciation to a staff member. You may download and print our notecard template linked here or create a note of your own to share.
- Participate in our social media campaign by sharing a picture or thought using the hashtag #D303Thankful.
- Share a story, note of appreciation, or photo on Let’s Talk using the D303Thankful button.
- Remote Learning for All Grades: Monday, November 30th - Friday, December 18th
- Winter Break : Monday, December 21st - Friday, January 1st
- School Improvement Day - No Students: Monday, January 4th
- School Resumes: Tuesday, January 5th
Interested in finding out details from the school board meeting? View the Across the Board newsletter!