Muraski Tribune: Issue 22
YOUR WEEKLY COMMUNICATION ABOUT ALL THINGS MURASKI
A Message From the Principals
I hope you and your children are enjoying the snow, or warm and cozy inside, as I'm sure back to back snow days and a nice long weekend are an extra special treat for our kids. Hopefully, we get back to school on Monday, so we can continue working hard to create small wins for every student, every day!
We want to thank all of the parents who participated in our first night of conferences. The home to school connections is extremely important in promoting success for our children.
We also want to thank our wonderful PTA. They treated the staff to dinner on conference night, where it is often difficult to find time to squeeze in a meal. Grand Fiesta made a delicious meal for our staff that we very much appreciated.
Please take a look at some of the things going on at Muraski, as well as some information that is pertinent within the school.
Have a great weekend!
NEW COVID REPORTING
ODH Discontinues COVID-19 Universal Contact Tracing for Schools
On Wednesday (1/26), the ODH shared a memo (CLICK HERE) detailing that schools may discontinue COVID-19 universal contact tracing effective immediately. Based on this ODH guidance and the consensus of the Board last night, Strongsville City Schools will no longer be contact tracing for COVID-19 after today. You can CLICK HERE to access the slides and/or CLICK HERE to watch my presentation to the Board on this topic that (1) provides local data to support this move away from universal contact tracing and (2) details a two-phase approach to reduce COVID restrictions as we move into our long-term response to COVID.
Based on Phase I, these COVID-related items will continue.
- Staff / Students must continue to report all COVID+ cases to SCS
- Continue to communicate active isolations on the COVID data dashboard Monday - Friday
- Continue to follow the reduced isolation and the Mask to Stay / Test to Play (if known) protocols for staff / students exhibiting no symptoms
- Continue with classroom-based COVID parent notifications for students in Grs. PreK-5
- Continue with current social distancing in classrooms
Based on Phase I, these COVID-related items will be discontinued Monday, January 31st.
- Discontinue all contact tracing unless there is a cluster / outbreak as determined by the CCBH [see Slide 7 of presentation]
- Discontinue communicating active quarantines on the COVID data dashboard
- Discontinue building and individual COVID parent notifications for students in Grs. PreK-5
- Discontinue all parent COVID notifications for students in Grs. 6-12
Strongsville COVID Drive-Thru Testing: Postponed
DRIVE THROUGH COVID-19 TESTING AT PAT CATAN STADIUM (SAT. 2/5) - POSTPONEDThe COVID-19 testing opportunity at Pat Catan Stadium, scheduled for Saturday, February 5, has been POSTPONED due to the inclement weather. A rescheduled date will be communicated in the near future.
Parent Teacher Conferences
PBIS DATA: What does this mean?
According to our data, most students ONLY need 1 reminder in a month to get back on track and work towards promoting PRIDE and positive behavior at Muraski. This is an incredible piece of information.
PBIS Presentation with Mrs. Hawk
Wednesday, February 9th:
5:00-5:20 - MEET LINK
6:00-6:20 - MEET LINK