St Pius X Youth E-Date
February 7, 2020
- Read the Gospel for February 9th - Be Salt and Light!
- St Pius X Emergency Closure Policy
- See the Diocesan Creating a Safe Environment Winter Newsletter
- SOUP-er Bowl of Caring - Thank You!!
- SPX CYO has 16 Basketball Teams! Come see a game this weekend!
- Sunday Youth Nite February 9th
- SPX Service Week - Feb 17-21
- Knights of Columbus looking for help Feb 21
- St. Pius Tenth CYO Basketball Tournament and Sticky Lips BBQ!
- Plan now to Grow Your Family this summer at Family Camp!
- Sign Up Genius link for Youth Ministry Events
2. St Pius X Weather Related Closures
- The School, Parish Office, (including Faith Formation and Youth Ministry/CYO Offices) will close and all parish events will be cancelled and doors locked if Gates-Chili School District and/or Churchville-Chili School District are closed.
- When School is not in session the parish Office will close and all events for the parish will be cancelled if Monroe County or the Towns of Gates or Chili issue a travel ban.
- If local school districts do not mention weekend events being cancelled St Pius X weekend events, CYO Games, Family Faith, Retreats, Sunday Youth Nite, Sacramental Prep, etc will be held at the discretion of the appropriate Ministry Leader who will make their decision in conjunction with their leadership team for that Parish Ministry.
4. Wow!! Thank You!!
We collected over 400 cans of soup, the school also collected another 200! All of this and all other food staples were dontated to St Andrew's Food Cupboard.
We collected $1409 to help our Social Ministries provide care for residents of Chili!
5. Come See a Basketball Game this Weekend!
CYO Basketball Games
Please pray for our athletes, coaches and families!
Admission: Students $1, Adults $2, Seniors $1, Family Max $5
6. Sunday Youth Nite February 9th
7. Service Week just around the Corner
By the way we live our lives and our willingness to care for those in need. Throughout Winter Break St Pius X will offer a variety of Service Opportunities so young people can help build the kingdom of God but serving those in need. There are a wide variety of events, times, and locations so that teens can try out different ways of helping.
Registration links will be ready next week. Teens can come to one, two or even five all events! Friends welcome if space allows. Parents welcome as well.
Service Week February 17-21 Winter Break
Monday February 17th, 2-3 pm at SPX School Pack Snack Bags for Families,
OR 5-8 pm at Ronald McDonald House, Help prepare, serve & clean up dinner for residents (pleas note we will NOT be eating there)
Tuesday, February 18th, 10-11 AM—Creekview Nursing Home 10-11 am, We will participate in helping residents Remember Valentines Day activities when they were young.
Wednesday, February 19, St Michael’s Woodshop, 4:00–5:45 pm
691 St Paul St, Rochester, NY 14605
This ministry offers life skills to urban youth through the art of woodworking.
We will be helping with painting & decorating projects that will be used all over the Rochester area.
Thursday, February 20, 10 AM–1 PM at SPX School Youth Room, Learn to Pray with Fr Pompei!
Learn How to Really Help your Friends—change your prayer life with a special training event with Fr Francis Pompei —lunch included (see video link below).
Friday, February 21, 2-6 pm Special Olympics
SPX Teens will welcome Athletes as they arrive in Rochester at their hotel. Check SPX website for specific location.
More info on Thursday's "Learn To Pray with Fr Pompei"
8. Our Knights of Columbus & Fishers of Men are looking for help on February 21
The Knights of Columbus encourages others to choose life through public support of the pro-life cause.
Jim Havens is the General Manager of WHIC 92.9FM/1460AM The Station of the Cross Catholic Radio. His radio show Love Will End Abortion features top guests from around the world and broadcasts globally throughout The Station of the Cross Network, including iCatholicRadio - the #1 Catholic Radio mobile app with over 350,000 downloads. He holds an M.A. in Theology from Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH.
Jim leads ROC Love Will End Abortion, an on-the-ground, grassroots pro-life ministry that effectively serves "the least of these" and strives to hasten the end of abortion in Rochester, NY.
- “Take-away" from attending: Each person who attends leaves with the following main thoughts in mind:
- "I am loved, I am called to love, and I want to advance in love by plugging into the terrific local pro-life/pro-love opportunities that I heard about tonight (and was either previously unaware of or didn't fully understand)."
- Council 17086 endorses the event
- Event is recognized as a Culture of Life Knights in Action Event
- Parish and Diocesan-wide reach
- Save at least one unborn child
Title: Mercy for the Least of These: How to Increase our Local Pro-Life Effectiveness
Space: in the church
Day/Time: Weeknight evening from 7-8:30PM
Schedule: Brief Welcome and Introduction , Talk, Q&A, Closing Prayer
Volunteers: It would be terrific if there could be two hospitable people standing outside to welcome people and hold doors, and two more people to welcome people at a sign-in table in the narthex and invite them to sign-in.
9. St. Pius Tenth CYO Basketball Tournament and Sticky Lips BBQ!
Our 6th Annual Restore All Things in Christ basketball tournament will be Feb 27th - March 2nd. This tournament is quickly becoming the largest in the Diocese with almost every Parish with a CYO Team represented. This year, thanks to the hard work of the CYO Advisory Board, we will be playing at FOUR locations over FIVE DAYS. Each game begins with prayer, as do all our regular season games and practices.
And there is NO ADMISSION FEE for spectators for any of our Tournament Games!
We are excited to be able to offer Sticky Lips BBQ during our tournament this year at our Aquinas Location on Sunday!
Consider a week at Camp Koinonia, a Catholic Family Camp which is about an hour from Rochester in the hills south of Canandaigua. You can come visit us for the day 6/13/20. Opportunities for teen and adult staff and volunteers available.