Holiday Customs Exchange Updates
CELEBRATING HOLIDAY CUSTOMS TOGETHER VIA GenNET ITV
How does the Holiday Customs Exchange Work?
In this 60-minute program, students will exchange a unique holiday custom representing a tradition or theme from a different country or part of the world. Students will present their holiday custom and holiday artifact that has been researched and share it with a partner class that can participate in the new learned custom through an interactive experience. When the classrooms meet via live, interactive video in their GenNET ITV rooms the holiday custom they have learned about will be shared with each other in multiple formats. Click below for a few suggestions about some of the different holidays than can be explored: http://www.santas.net/aroundtheworld.htm
Remaining Timeline and Connections
- December 1-16, 2014: Classroom preparation time for Holiday Customs Exchange and Teachers Contact each other for preparation details
- December 16-18, 2014 and/or Janaury 7-9, 2015: TWICE Holiday Customs Exchange connections take place.
Current Genesee County Partnered Schools by TWICE:
- Goodrich Oaktree ES and Lake Fenton Torrey Hill IS: December 17th @ 9:00 am
- Grand Blanc Myers ES and Westwood Heights Hamady MS: December 17th @ 12:00 pm
- Flint Eisenhower ES and Grand Blanc Indian Hill ES: January 8th @ 9:00 am
Questions? Contact the Genesee ISD/Technology and Media Services at 591-4436