Fridley High School October 2021
Message from Patty Hand, Principal at Fridley High School
As we approach fall and plan for winter, we want to share this annual information with you regarding our procedure for school building closures and student learning when school buildings are closed.
FRIDLEY ONLINE ACADEMY UPDATES:
FRIDLEY HIGH SCHOOL NEWS:
Check out the newsletter to learn about upcoming events and information.
REMINDER! BRING THESE ITEMS TO SCHOOL DAILY
FRIDLEY ACTIVITIES UPDATES
Click here to learn all about upcoming news from the FHS Activities Department!
Click here to learn more about what the All-Night Party Committee is working on!
OCTOBER IS COLLEGE KNOWLEDGE MONTH AT FHS!
FAFSA Completion Night
During FHS Conferences on October 19th from 4-8pm and October 20th from 7:30am-11:15am, the Get Ready Program will be hosting a FAFSA Completion Night for FHS students and their families! This is an opportunity for students and families to get their FAFSA questions answered and complete their FAFSA with a Get Ready staff member. If you are interested in learning more about the FAFSA or completing your student’s FAFSA during FHS Conferences, please bring the following items on October 19th or 20th:
· Parent/Guardian’s 2020 Tax Forms (1040 forms)
· If the student worked and completed taxes in 2020, the student will need to bring in their 2020 tax form
· 2020 W-2 Forms
· Current Bank Statements
· Social Security Numbers
Questions? Please contact Matt Kiefer at email@example.com or 763-502-5790
Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
Families Can Sign up for Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
Eligible families will receive monthly child credit tax payments from July through December 2021. The IRS Child Tax Credit Eligibility Assistant can help families decide whether they should register for monthly payments or file a regular tax return using IRS Free File. Eligible families can receive advance payments of $300 per month for each child under age 6 and up to $250 per month for each child age 6 years and older.
Advance Payments of the 2021 Child Tax Credit: The Basics
The 2021 Child Tax Credit: Three Steps to Getting Your Advance Payments
Click this link to learn more about the FREE Lunch program for all students, barcodes for breakfast/lunches, monthly menus, and more.
Updates from Fridley Transportation
The Fridley Transportation Department would like to share a Few reminders with you.
- Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Your child is required to be at the scheduled stop 5 minutes prior to bus pick-up time.
- If the bus is more than 10 minutes late, your child should go home and call the assigned bus company (see below).
- Information about late busses is communicated through our messenger program, so please make sure that your contact information is accurate on the Parent Portal.
- If school buildings are closed due to severe weather, the district will communicate by email and phone, and on the district website, local news channels and district social media.
Our Bus Contractors:
- Route #’s 1 – 10: Voigt’s Bus Company 763-571-1241 (then select #2)
- Route #’s 20 – 35: First Student (Champlin location) 763-421-5785
- R & D Transportation (Vans) 763-767-1804 (then select #1)
- Halo Transportation (Vans) 763-432-6806
Thank you and stay safe.
Fridley Transportation Department, 763-502-5151