Franklin County 4-H News - July 24, 2020
Awards and T-Shirts Pick-Up Drive Thru
On Saturday, July 25, there will be a drive-thru pick up scheduled for members and/or club advisors to pick up fair t-shirts, score sheets, ribbons, and any awards from fair week. Any clubs that would like their club members' items to be packaged together to be picked up by the club advisor should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
- Club Pick Up 10-11:00 AM
- Must request ahead of time as it takes time to prepare these.
- Last Name A-G 11:00-Noon
- Last Name H-N 12:00 -1:00
- Last Name O-Z 1:00-2:00
Franklin County Agricultural Society Memberships
Are you planning on voting for the Senior Fair Board of Directors during the election on Saturday, July 25? In order to vote, you are required to have a current membership to the Franklin County Agricultural Society. Memberships MUST be purchased by 9:00 AM July 25 - Franklin County residents, 18 and older only.
Anyone wishing to be on the ballot for Senior Fair Board of Directors must have been a valid member the previous year and submit a petition for candidacy to the board secretary by Saturday, July 18, at noon.
Memberships are $30.00 and can be purchased in the Fair Office. For information about fair office hours, call 614-876-7235.
Voting on Saturday, July 25: Ag Society members can vote on Saturday in the Rigsby Building (between the Ganyard and Horse Arena) between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
HORSE SHOW INFORMATION
English Show, Saturday, July 25, 2020
Western Show, Sunday, July 26, 2020
- Horses may arrive 7am day of show.
- Enter fairgrounds through Gate 5 and park in the campground area. At the end of your 3rd class, leave the fairgrounds through gate 4.
- Each 4-H member may show in either the English or Western Show – not both.
- Each 4-H member may only show in the 3 classes that they registered for ahead of time.
- Each 4-H member will have access to a stall the day of the show – no overnight camping.
- Face masks/face coverings are required when inside the buildings on the fairgrounds. Face masks are not required when outside the barns, but 6ft social distancing is required for each family unit.
- 4-H members are not required to wear masks while in the show arena.
- There are no concessions on the fairgrounds. Please be sure to bring your own drinks and lunch/snacks for your family. COOLERS MUST STAY AT THE VEHICLE.
- Each 4-H member will strip their stall when they leave so they can be disinfected. If you do not clean the stall, you forfeit showing in the 2021 fair. Horse advisory has some shovels and rakes that you may borrow, but muck tubs will be helpful.
- A completed project book must be turned in day of show to be eligible to show and to receive your back number.
- There are no tack stalls. Bring only the basic equipment you need to show.
- 4-H members may show in a polo/collared shirt or a club t-shirt. Breeches, boots are required for English. Jeans and button-down shirts are allowed for western. No tank tops. No holes in the pants.
- All tack must be legal according to Uniform Rules for 4-H Horse Shows – Book 179.
If you have any questions, please contact your club advisor or Becky Applegett at email@example.com.
Awards Posted Online
2021 Junior Fair Board Applications - Deadline August 10
Application Deadline: August 10, 2020
Online Application: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ahjIIAbD0Bp38z3
NEW GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON CLUB MEETINGS FROM OHIO 4-H
We’re happy to share we’ve received approval from Ohio State University leadership to resume in-person 4-H club meetings and activities starting immediately and do not have to wait until July 7. Ohio 4-H clubs that choose to begin meeting in-person must follow the guidelines listed below to promote the health and safety of our 4-H community, as we face the challenge of COVID-19.
Clubs choosing to meet in-person should provide virtual connection options for members who have that preference. Please note that in-person 4-H club meetings, activities and other events may be suspended at any time if local, state, federal, and/or university authorities issue new restrictions. 4-H meetings and activities can only be held in person if Ohio 4-H Planning Guide for In-Person Meetings & Events guidelines can be followed. These guidelines provide expectations for all members, volunteers, and their families while participating in 4-H club meetings and activities.
2020 Junior Fair Schedule
Friday, July 24, 2020
8:00 am-9:30 am - Market Hog Weigh-In
9:30 am - Leadership, Health, Genealogy, & Self Determined Project Evaluations - Ganyard & Edwards
10:30 am - Jr. Fair Swine Breed & Market Show - Burke Building
12:00pm - Pledge/Motto Contest - Virtual
6:00 pm - Junior Fair Award Announcements - Facebook Live
7:00 pm - Fashion Review - Virtual
Saturday, July 25, 2020
9:00 am - Jr. Fair English Horse Show - Bob Evans Arena
10:00 am-2:00 pm - Drive-Thru Pick Up of Jr. Fair T-shirts and Awards
Sunday, July 26, 2020
OSU Extension, Franklin County
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.