Smokey Road Middle School
Administrative and Leadership Meeting, 9:30 am
Basketball: CCMSAL Girls' First Round @ Evans Middle School, 5:00 pm
Basketball: CCMSAL Boys' First Round @ Smokey Road Middle School 5:00 pm
Junior Law Enforcement Meeting (Coweta County Sheriffs' Office), 6:00 pm
RTI Team Meetings, During Planning
Connection Team Leader Meeting (RV Room), Connection Planning
Tuesday Tutorials, 3:30 pm
Yearbook Meeting, 3:45 pm
Basketball: CCMSAL Girls' Semi-Finals @ Evans Middle School, 5:00 pm
Basketball: CCMSAL Boys' Semi-Finals @ Smokey Road Middle School, 5:00 pm
Faculty Meeting, 4:00 pm
SGA Officers' Meeting, 7:45 am
8th Grade Meeting with Newnan High School Teachers, 10:00 am
Yearbook Meeting, 3:45 pm
Basketball: CCMSAL Girls & Boys' Championship @ Smokey Road Middle School, 5:30 pm
Progress Reports Issued
Black History Assembly Program (Gym), 8:45 am
Geography Bee Winner!
Our school champion recently completed the National Geography Bee Online Qualifying Test. This test will be scored and ranked with the scores of other students in Georgia. A qualifying score will afford him the opportunity to compete in the State Geography Bee. Go Wildcats!
It's Tournament Time
The Wildcats will begin Tournament play on Monday, February 8. Go Wildcats!
The Lady Wildcats will begin Tournament play on Tuesday, February 9. Go Wildcats!
Student Expo Night
Great Parent and Student Turnout for Last Week's Student Expo Night
We had a very successful Book Fair, thanks to Mrs. Jamie Smith and our PTO.
- Use SLDS to Identify Students That Will Need Additional Interventions
- Update Your Class Profiles Utilizing SLDS
- Utilize a Variety of Instructional Approaches
- Utilize Online Resources Such As USA Test Prep, Brain Pop, and Study Island
- Coaches and Club Sponsors Are Responsible for Their Specific Students Until Retrieved By Parents
- Be Sure to Join and Volunteer with PTO
- Sign Up for Parent Portal
- Follow Us on Twitter @DrTsWildcats
- Sign Up for REMIND Text Messages (Text 81010 and Enter Message @srmspar)
- Visit Our Website Often For Information
- Continue to Strive for Excellence
- Find an Adult When You Have a Problem or Concern You Can't Handle Alone
- Celebrate Other Peers' Successes
- Listen Up for Opportunities to Participate in Clubs, Sports and Fun Activities
calling all innovative srms
students and teachers
"We heard so many bad things about the school before my daughter started attending. However, we have been most pleased with the teachers and administrative staff."
"My husband and I were considering another home. Once we discovered that it was not in Smokey Road's zone, we stopped looking at that particular house."
"I really love the increased communication this year. It really helps me stay on top of my child's education."
"Do you guys ever go home? We really appreciate everything the teachers do."
teaching and learning at SRMS
Ms. Gowen's students designed, created, and constructed her decorative door.