WHITELEY WILDCAT UPDATE
August 29, 2020
Our teachers begin their day at 8:45 with our students through a whole class meeting. During this time they take attendance. Many teachers will also do a class meeting with an SEL(social-emotional learning) activity. Our teachers will plan live instruction that will consist of both whole group, and small group lessons/activities. If your child is not working in a group with the teacher they will be doing independent activities, just as if they were in-person and the teacher would be meeting with a group at a table.
The fall spirit wear shop is open! Our PTA will oversee the orders. You can order items from August 31st -September 13th. You can access the spirit wear shop at: https://ultim8screenprinting.com/collections/whiteley-school-available. For questions please email email@example.com.
INFORMATION FROM THE NURSE
MEALS FOR E-LEARNERS FROM NUTRITIONAL SERVICES
District 15 will deliver food every day, Monday-Friday, August 17 - September 18, 2020.
- Lunch and breakfast for the following day will be offered daily.
- Starting August 19, meals are only available to D15 students, and will be charged to their meal account according to their meal benefit status.
- Kindergarten PM students and Early Childhood/Preschool PM students are not eligible to receive meals, regardless of their meal benefit status, because they are not eligible for meals during normal school operation.
- Menus and Meal Distribution Locations can be found HERE
Instructions for picking up food are as follows:
- In every location look for the District 15 bus for food delivery (*except where noted).
- Meals will be charged to each student’s account upon pick-up.
- Lunches will be charged at $2.60 ($0.40 for those qualifying for reduced price meals).
- Breakfasts will be charged at $1.30 ($0.30 for those qualifying for reduced priced meals).
- Students who qualify for free meal benefits will not be charged.
- Students at Jane Addams, Virginia Lake, Lake Louise, Winston Campus Junior High and John Conyers Learning Academy will all receive free meals due to the schools’ CEP status.
- Nutrition Services staff will scan student barcodes on-site upon pick-up to take payment from MealTime accounts.
- Students do not need to be present in order to receive meals. Parents may pick up meals for D15 students but should have the student barcode card with them.
- Nutrition services staff will be able to look up students who do not have a barcode card.
- If you need a replacement barcode card for your student, please call (847) 963-3930 or ask for the sign up sheet on any of the meal distribution buses. Cards can also be picked up at your school office.
We will continue to share pictures and videos with parents though Facebook.You can send those pictures to Mrs. Rivera and we will post them on our school Facebook page.