A WORD FROM 3RD
SEPTEMBER 21, 2020- SEPTEMBER 25 , 2020
Mrs. McKay's 3rd Grade Class
Fall Into Another Week of Learning
Welcome to Week 4! Before Monday's class, be sure to:
- Read the "Word From 3rd" weekly newsletter.
- Update your contact information here: https://tinyurl.com/y3tyhasg.
- Have your materials and workspace ready.
- Find 50 pennies to use for Math.
- Use the document below to set up your LearnZillion account.
STUDENT OF THE WEEK
***Please note students do not return to me for W.I.N on Wednesdays. Instead, they will receive a checklist of items due by 2:30 pm that day.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
1. Use concrete objects, drawings and symbols to represent division without remainders and explain the relationship among the whole number quotient (i.e., 0 – 10), divisor (i.e., 0 – 10), and dividend.
- Develop conceptual understanding which means using concrete/hands-on methods to explore division
- Develop vocabulary for the terms in a division fact
2. Solve real-world problems involving equal groups, area/array, and number line models using basic multiplication and related division facts. Represent the problem situation using an equation with a symbol for the unknown.
- Develop conceptual understanding of how models and equations represent the problem situations.
3. Understand division as a missing factor problem.
Reading Learning Focus: Readers ask and answer literal and inferential questions to gain a deeper understanding of the text and determine meaning of words when affixes are added to base words.
Writing Learning Focus: Writers establish situations and introduce a narrator and characters and organize event sequences that unfold naturally.
PERSONALIZED LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES (PLOs)
Please make sure the following websites are bookmarked on your child's computer:
RELATED ARTS LINKS
Wednesday- (Spanish): https://padlet.com/elemhopkins1/o1bb7ipoq3bx39j0
Thursday- (Art): https://padlet.com/elemhopkins1/1gylgy0rn9kjdx2g
Friday-(Library Time): A Spot of Anger-https://www.wevideo.com/view/1832397978
- Login to Math, ELA and Small Group classes daily
- Post responses for all Related Arts classes using the links above
- Publish and share second personal narrative.
- Turn in assignments daily in Microsoft Teams.