8/02: New ZE Teachers Leader in Me Training @ Union High School 8:00-3:30
8/03: Day two of Leader in Me Training @ Union High School 8:00-3:30
Phil Hardcastle shirt distribution in the front foyer
8/7-8/9: New Teacher PD
8/10: Kindergarten Teacher Meet & Greet from 1:00-5:00PM
8/13: ALL Teacher PD
8/13: Parent introducation letter due to Ketina/ZE Faculty Mtg./Open House @ 6:00PM
8/14: All Teacher PD [LIM- Aligning Academics Training]/ Lunch on your own Food Trucks @MVMS parking lot for staff
8/15: First Day of School
Starting the afternoon of the 7th we will post ONE video EACH day up to the start of the school year.
- Please have your video filmed (on your iphone or whatever device you perfer) and sent to Chris for editing and help or directly to Jenna & Ketina for approval BY AUGUST 3RD.
- We will then have a Watch Party of all the videos before posting them on social media ON AUGUST 7TH @ Noon at Zitzman Elementary. Snacks and refreshments provided during the viewing!
New Staff Update:
Special Ed. Para- Recommendation sent to Central Office
Title 1 Reading- Tina Erickson. Mrs. Erickson comes to us from Coleman Elementary. She has many years of experience with Title 1 Reading. We are lucky to have the opportunity to work with Mrs. Erickson. She will split her time between ZE and TE.
Parent Introducation Letter
- About Me
- My education
- Years of experience
- Contact information
- My favorties
Have another person read your letter for errors prior to printing.
Open House 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Open House Stations
- Bus (Bus routes will be avaialble and a bus will be outside for kindergarten students and parents to visit.)
- School T-shirt
- Principal message in the cafeteria (3 sessions)
The following should be included in classroom presentation for students and parents.
- Introducation Letter
- Copy of the grade level curriculum big ideas (Key Standards)
- First Day Information for parents to complete AT Open House. See the sample below for an idea.
- Class Schedule
- Student Notebooks (Data Binders)
- Leader in Me- 7 Habits
- Classroom Behavior Matrix
- Dojo Parent Sign Up
- Student Planners Grades 2-5 (free)
- Handbooks Grades Kdg-1
Monday, August 13th Staff Meeting - ZE Library
8:30-10:30 a.m. Central Office Kick-off
11:00-12:00 p.m. Faculty Meeting "Game On!"
12:00-12:45 p.m. Lunch Provided
12:45-2:00 p.m. Faculty Meeting Continued
2:00-3:00 p.m. Grade Level & Department Meetings
3:00-4:00 p.m. Classroom/Mentor Work
6:00 p.m Open House
Items that need to be completed prior to the Staff Meeting:
- Classroom set up
- Introducation letter
- Read the newly updated Staff Handbook. This document will be shared with you and copies will by in your staff binder that will be given out at our Aug. 13th Meeting.
Tuesday, August 14th Aligning Academics Leader in Me Training-ZE Library
Lunch is on your own with Food Trucks reserved for the MVMS & ZE staff members beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Hot Dog Man and WingNut Food Trucks will be stationed outside of the MVMS cafeteria entrances.
Please consider donating to an Appreciation Basket for the team. The basket will be in Ketina's office if you'd like to donate a snack or card of appreciation. It takes a tribe to make the Zitzman Chief's one of the best learning communities in the state!
Professional Dress for the 2018 School Year
Dressing for success has three main effects for teachers:
- Maintain respect
- Establish credibility
- Establish yourself as an authority figure
- Jeans, tennis shoes, and spirit shirts may be worn on Fridays.
- No flip flops or other shoes that could obstruct teachers from completing their duties.
- Dresses and skirts should be knee-length.
- Consider athletic outfits if you are teaching gym or a highly physical classroom (RM 10 & 11). Exercise pants with a loose top covering your bottom if you are teaching a class where you have to move and sweat with your students. If this is the case, you may go for athletic outfits and running shoes that still look polished, clean, and put together.
- Leggings and yoga pants are not acceptable dress for staff. You may pair leggings with a dress or tunic.