The Bronco Buzz
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- Tuesday, February 23- Five Forks Fathers' Quarterly Meeting- 7:30-8:15 am
- Tuesday, February 23- Iron Men Mentoring Program Meeting- 8:15-9:00 am
- Tuesday, February 23 - ILT - 8:00-9:00 am
- Wednesday, February 24 - Early Release- 1:25-4:00 pm
- Thursday, February 25 - Early Release- 1:25-4:00 pm
- Friday, February 26- ACCESS Make-up Testing
- Friday, February 26 - New Teacher Induction Meeting - 8:15-8:50 am
- Friday- February 26- Advisement- 9:00-10:00
- Saturday, February 27- Bronco Academy- Session #1- 8:00-10:30 am
- Saturday, February 27- Bronco Academy- Session #2- 11:00am-1:30 pm
TIP- Remember that the Staff Calendar can be accessed on the FFMS Training Page in eCLASS. Click the button below to access the Staff Calendar now.
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- Not only is Five Forks the VERY BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL, but we have the MOST TALENTED faculty and staff! We had an AMAZING talent show on Friday with entertaining performances from both students and faculty. A HUGE thank you to Wanda Edwards and Mary Cook for orchestrating this successful event.
- We had a wonderful day of learning with our content area staff development on Monday! Thank you to our county supporters who spent the day with our Five Forks staff.
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Eastern Division Champion and County runner-up Lady Broncos! They fought hard and definitely represented our school well. We are so proud of our girls and our coaches!
- Today we celebrated our monthly Blazing Bronco Breakfast. It was such a wonderful time to celebrate our incredible kids. We really do have the best kids!
COUNT ME IN AWARD... Phillip Watson
Mr. Watson inspires, engages, encourages, and challenges all students in his classroom. He has an amazing passion for teaching, and his energy is contagious! He is making an impact on his students, the school, and the entire community. He sets high expectations for all students and he helps all of his students see that they are capable. Mr. Watson stimulates creativity and continuously changes things up to take advantage of individual strengths and weaknesses. He inspires his students to become better and to look forward to the future.
Super Saturday Series at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Super Saturday Series (S3) provides a low-cost, initial exposure to outreach technologies. The girl-friendly curriculum is focused on mobile applications, new devices (tablets), creativity (animations), and relationship building (group collaboration). In addition to introducing students to technologies, it incorporates science lessons through partnerships with GGC chemistry and biology student clubs. For more information visit: www.ggc.edu/s3
- Saturday, February 20th, 9 am – 3 pm, Middle School Girls
- Saturday, February 27th, 9 am – 3 pm, Middle or High School Girls
Registration is now open for upcoming Spring Sessions:
FFMS MEDIA CENTER BLOG
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!