SCHS Music Notes
December 16, 2019
I am so proud of our student performers (and arrangers) for putting on an amazing concert with very little time to prepare. It is a testament to their ambition, leadership, and tenacity.
Thank You Again to our Phenomenal SIlent Auction Committee Members: Heather Gertzki, Nora George, Alicia Breton, Melissa Conrey, Julita Cummings, Ulrika Lerner, Anne-Marie Sweeney & Nicole Tappin.
And Thank you to all who came out and supported us!
Barnes & Noble Gift Wrapping Fundraiser is This Weekend!
We still need:
Wrappers: Should be proficient in wrapping and/or trained prior to event - i.e. sharp, clean edges with minimal tape usage and straight cut edges and folds; tight ribbons and bows. Tips are dependent on this!
Assistants: organize crowds, checks receipts while they wait in line for wrapping, asks choice or wrapping, can cut appropriate-sized wrapping paper ready for the next available wrapper - basically helps move things along when there is a wrapping line. This person can also assist with handing out gift tags and pens. Assistant does not have to be proficient in wrapping just be willing to communicate politely and clearly with the public.
Greeters: cheerfully greet customers at the door or standing in line to pay and inform of free gift wrapping services offered by Sage Creek HS Music.
Entertainers: i.e. Jazz Combo, Drumline, Christmas Chamber Groups set up to play outside B&N to draw customers in.
Please Only ADD Information (do not change anyone else's sign up).
Best Wishes for the Holidays and a Happy New Year!
Annual "Stay In Band Tour" Planned for 1/13
SCHS Hosting The District Orchestra Concert 1/27
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.
Stay Up To Date!
Calendar Updates & Changes to Note:
- ADDED (tentatively): Barnes & Noble 3rd day of Gift Wrapping Fundraiser (Friday, December 20th). This would be in addition to our two days that Saturday and Sunday.
- ADDED: Carols of Carlsbad: Saturday, December 7th (more details coming soon)