Please "PAWS" with us for a Cooper School Update
October 9, 2020
PTA Membership- Are you a PTA member yet for the 2020-2021 school year? Pay your $10 dues by October 15, 2020 for a chance to win a Kindle Fire for your family! Submit Dues Here
- Volunteer Sign Up Form- We need your help! Are you interested in being a room parent, coordinator, or volunteer? Sign Up Here
- 50th Anniversary Cookbooks- To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Cooper School, we are having a cookbook professionally published! We need favorite recipes from EVERY Cooper Jaguar family and staff member! Please fill out the simple form below by October 12, 2020. (Student Submissions) (Staff Submissions)
- If your child would like to create some commercials or artwork for the cookbook, please contact Shazia at email@example.com
- Fall Scholastic Virtual Book Fair- This year’s book fair will be virtual. Our school will earn 25% back in Scholastic Dollars for the classroom. Click this link from October 11 - October 24, 2020- If you have any questions, please contact Tia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Take Out Days- Show your support for our school and your love for take out! Click the links for more information.
- Chipotle - 10/20/20 - 4-8pm - 33% Back
- MOD Pizza - 11/5/20 - 10:30am - 9pm - 20% Back - RSVP Here
***Remote Learning Schedule Change***
The Elementary School Return to Learn Committee made the following revisions which will go into effect on Monday October 12, 2020. By the end of this week your child's teacher will share an updated schedule specific to his/her classroom, and will keep you updated with any classroom schedule updates each week.
The Collaborative Monday schedule will remain the same. The Tuesday-Friday schedule will be adjusted to reflect a 9:00am – 1:00pm instructional day. Afternoons will be used for lunch, small group intervention or enrichment, parent check ins, teacher planning and special services meetings. Any afternoon small group meetings will be communicated to the parent and student in advance so you can plan accordingly. Additionally, some related services and instrumental classes may occur in the afternoon from 2:00 – 3:30 pm.
Your child's teacher will schedule at least 2 times weekly in the afternoon for parent check-ins. These office hours will provide an opportunity for families to check in, ask questions, or get clarification on assignments. If you have a specific need for a conference regarding your child's progress, please reach out to the classroom teacher to determine a time for a conference.
Your child's teacher will also work to reduce the number of times students are expected to log on and off the computer in an effort to reduce technical difficulties related to logging in. Please be sure that your child mutes his/her microphone and turns off the camera if he/she will be walking away from the device during breaks.
Free/Reduced Lunch Applications-
Free & Reduced Price Meal Applications Deadline is October 15, 2020
Now is the time to apply for Free and Reduced Price Meals for the 2020-2021 school year. A letter of explanation in English and in Spanish is available to interested families.
For the fastest response, we strongly encourage families to apply online.
Families may print copies of the application in English and Spanish. Paper applications also are available at the Malberg Administration Building, 45 Ranoldo Terrace.
District Updates-Check out the Minute with Dr. Meloche from October 6th, and latest CHPS Postcard for district updates. Click Here to review the full WE Return to Learn Plan
10/12: New Remote Learning Schedule Begins
10/13: October Birthday Lunch with the Principal (Grades K-2 @ 1:10pm)
10/20: PTA Take-Out Tuesday- Chipotle
10/27: October Birthday Lunch with the Principal (Grade 3-5 @1:10pm)
10/26-10/30: Red Ribbon Week
Everyone, from the youngest child to the oldest adult, experiences anxieties and fears at one time or another. In kids, such feelings are not only normal, they're also necessary. Or kids are experiencing situations unprecedented in our life time. For more information on helping your child cope with anxiety visit