CBHT Religious School
Newlsetter - 4/29/16
- Tonight, Friday, April 29th - Shabbat services as 7:30 being led by Michael Abrams, who will become Bar Mitzvah tomorrow at our 10:00 Torah Service! Mazel tov to Michael and his family (including our Kitah Dalet teacher, Mark and madrichim, Alex and Gabe!)
- Sunday May 1st from 10:00 - 1:30 is our Lularoe clothing fundraiser. Fun, cool, and easy clothes for women, tweens, and girls. 15% of sales go to our school's building fund (and that donation will be matched by Lularoe! Treat yourself to an early Mother's Day present and help our school! Cash and Credit Cards accepted!
- Sunday, May 1st - Pre-registration begins for the 2016-17 School Year! Stay tuned for details! You can also download your registration form or register online here. Remember, there's a $25 tuition discount for K-7 students who are registered on or before our last day of school on May 22nd. As always, our infant, toddler, and Pre-K program are tuition free and only require a $50 registration fee!
- Friday, May 5th - Shabbat Service led by Bar Mitzvah, Noah Goldman, featuring a d'var Torah from Kitah Dalet. Noah's Bar Mitzvah festivities continue on Saturday, May 6th at 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, May 8th - No Sunday School. Happy Mother's Day.
- Friday, May 13th at 7:30 - Confirmation Service. Come celebrate with your Madrichot -- Toby, Samantha, Noa, Sarah, Avi, and Tamar -- and listen to the congregational interviews they did for their project, Humans of CBHT.
- Sunday, May 15th - Teacher and Madrichim Recognition. Come join us during Kehilla Tephila from 9:30 - 10:00 to honor the amazingly creative and committed people that make our school the wonderful place it is!
- Friday, May 20th and Saturday, May 22nd - Isaak Davis' Bar Mitzvah.
- Sunday, May 22nd - Our Final Day. Join us for Student Recognition Awards in Kehila Tephila at 9:30, then come back at 11:30 for our final community circle and potluck lunch. Bring a dish, have a nosh, and wish your friends a happy summer break.
- Friday, May 28th - Saturday, May 29th - Gabe Meiri's Bar Mitzvah.
Highlights from Sunday April 17th
- In Parparim we read a storybook about Pesach and learned about the ten plagues and counted to ten in Hebrew. We even acted out the story of Pesach and made kiddush cups for the seder!
- In Gan Yeladim we retold the story of Passover and talked about the role of Miriam, Moses' sister. We made Miriam and Elijah's cups for seder. We planted lettuce and checked on the growth of the peas we planted!
- In Kitah Aleph, we learned how to read the word Pesach in Hebrew. We made seder plates. We learned about chametz and which foods we can and can't eat on Passover.
- In Kitah Gimel we learned that according to the Guinness Book of World Records, the world’s largest matzah ball was unveiled in Tucson, Arizona, in 2010. Weighing in at 488 pounds, this giant matzah ball was made from more than 1,000 eggs and 125 pounds of matzah meal!
- Kitah Dalet worked on its presentation about synagogues around the world that they will present at their May 6th service!
- Kitah Vav continued to study Jewish texts relating to environmental stewardship and interpreted the texts with posters and skits.
- Kesher watched the first half of the documentary "Ann Frank Remembered" as part of their study preparing for the observance of Yom HaShoah.
- And EVERYONE enjoyed the Annual Ice Cream Seder!