Ascend Leadership Middle School
Middle School Aviators - Week of May 17, 2021
It is hard to believe that this coming week will be the last week before our End-of-Grade Tests. In order to be prepared for the tests, I have included some helpful hints to ensure the students are all ready for success:
- Get a good night's rest
- Don't forget your iPad
- Charge your iPad the night before so you are "fully charged" ready to start the test
- Bring a charging bank with you to keep your iPad charged during testing times
- Bring a water bottle to keep with you at your desk
- Don't forget your mask (required while in the building)
- Come with a positive attitude and DO YOUR BEST :)
Testing Starts - Monday, May 24 - Thursday, May 27 (see schedule below)
All the best -
919-842-5411 x 102
Jeff Whitt, M.Ed., NBCT | Middle School Principal
Office: 919.842.5411 x 102 | Fax: 919.842.3545
283 Harvey Faulk Road, Sanford NC 27332
Visit us: www.ascendleadershipacademy.org
May 24th - May 27th (ALA Middle School EOG Testing)
Monday, May 24th, 8am to Thursday, May 27th, 1pm
- Monday, May 24 - 6th-8th Grade Math EOG (Time: 9-12) - All Students Report to School (with the exception of Math 1 students who will work at home asynchronously)
- Tuesday, May 25 - 6th - 8th Grade Reading EOG (Time: 9-12) - All Students Report to School
- Wednesday, May 26 - 8th Grade Science EOG (Time: 9-12) - Only 8th graders report to School *
- Thursday, May 27 - Math 1 EOC - (Time: 9-12) All students can report to school
* Those students who ARE NOT testing on this date will be working asynchronously at home.
Updated Daily Schedule for End-of-Grade & End-of-Course Tests
Monday, May 24th, 8am to Friday, June 4th, 1pm
School Doors Open: 8:00 AM
Testing Starts: PROMPTLY at 9:00 AM
Dismissal: 1:00 PM
Students can not be picked up early due to testing regulations. Thank you for your support with this policy.
Buses will run when students are dismissed if they have been assigned to the bus. We will be updating further pick-up instructions in the coming weeks.
How Can You Help Your Child Prepare for EOG's?
Testing Tips for Parents
- Avoid scheduling appointments on test dates.
- Make sure your child in on time the day of testing.
- Testing must finish on the day it is started.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep the night prior to testing.
- Ensure a healthy breakfast, avoid high sugar foods.
- Encourage your child to be reviewing concepts now.
- Keep a positive attitude about testing in general.
Electronics Being Collected
Monday, May 24th, 1pm
If there are any damages or their is a lost iPad, please contact me directly so we can notate this.
ONLY iPads can be used for EOG testing so it's imperative each student has theirs ready and charged prior to Monday, May 24, testing. Thank you.