By: Bailey, Tyler & Ayano
Emphasis is a principle of art which occurs any time an element of a piece is given dominance by the artist. In other words, the artist makes part of the work stand out, in order to draw the viewer's eye there first.
Emphasis is used to make the most important thing stand out.
Principles of Art - Emphasis
6 Ways to Create Emphasis
1. Contrast shape with surroundings
2. Create a contrast with temperature
3. Use a darker or lighter value
4. Focus attention with converging lines
5. Isolate the object you want to emphasize
6. Increase an object’s intensity of color
ART - What is Emphasis
- Home decor