January 11, 2016
WELCOME BACK!!!! We hope you had a joyful, relaxing break! Here's to an AMAZING 2016! I know it's going to be EPIC as we continue to educate our scholars and get them ready for next year! I'd like to welcome Tania Delgado who will be joining our team as the new EL Instructional Assistant. We are very excited to have her here to help our students! Also, a big congratulations to Ms. Rosenberg who got engaged over the holiday break. What a lucky guy!
Biweekly Data Talks/Check-Ins
Formal Observation Sign-Ups
A few things have changed this year in regards to sign-ups so please keep the following in mind when choosing your time-slot.
- Certain time-slots only apply to certain grade-levels - this is due to the split campuses and our desire to continue making sure that at least 2 admin. are present during every observation.
- Some time-slots are longer than 45 minutes - this is so you can select the exact 45 minute block you'd like us to observe during that time period. Please make sure to include the exact 45 minute block you would like us to come.
- Remember that your pre-conference will take place at 7:30am on the day of your observation.
We will be offering an optional PD for those who would like more clarity on the process this Friday, January 15 @ 3:30 (3-8 campus, Room 34)
Please read the parameters carefully before entering your name in a slot. Thank you!
Rainy Day Preparedness
Office Staff Location Schedule
Coming Up This Week...
- 8:45 - Gonzalez Data Talk
- 9:20 - Edelstein Data Talk
- 9:45 - Le Data Talk
- 11:00 - Bennett Data Talk
- 12:00 - YPI Behavior Management Support PD
- 12:45 - ILT Meeting - 3-8 Campus
- 2:30 - Rosenberg Data Talk
- 3:00 - Vista Culture PD
- 8:25 - Jundef Data Talk
- 9:00 - Gibb Data Talk
- 10:15 - Huynh Data Talk
- 12:30 - Tzul Data Talk
- 1:30 - Burcar Data Talk
- 2:30 - Turner Data Talk
- 3:15 - 6th Grade Check-In
- 8:30-10:30 - Mrs. Pope/Mrs. Fennema Out - SBG Meeting
- 12:00 - Ekmekji Data Talk
- 1:30 - Faculty Meeting (Modeling: Batshoun, Bennett, Garcia)
- 8:30 - IEP - William M.
- 8:30 - Amaya Data Talk
- 9:00 - Mrs. Buczek/Mrs. Pope Out - Director's Meeting
- 2:30 - Barno Data Talk
- Happy Birthday Mr. Amaya!
- 9:15 - White Data Talk
- 10:15 - McCarthy Data Talk
- 11:35 - Oken Data Talk
- 12:30 - Clark Data Talk
- 1:30 - Batshoun Data Talk
- 2:30 - Dodd Data Talk
- 3:30 - Optional PD - Formal Observation Process 101 - Room 34 (3-8 Campus)
Buczek's Tentative Schedule
Instructional Focus - Behavior Expectations (2.2)
We are still looking for extra help on the yard (major shout-out to those of you who have already volunteered!) A few reminders for when you're on watch:
- Be super VISIBLE (walk around, stay standing, avoid being hidden by students coming to speak to you)
- Be super VIGILANT (really look around, walk over to groups of students that are huddled in the far corners of the yard, walk past the bathrooms several times, and please no cell phone use during supervision).
Links to Important Forms
This one is super important for helping us keeping track of which students have detention on which days. Please submit every time you assign detention.
May be completed online or by paper (see the pink referral forms in your hardcopy VIP binders) but please be sure to submit either one when a student is referred to the office.
To request help from our Tech Guru Mr. Jesus Villareal!
To request help from our Maintenance Guru Mr. Bernard!
To request the convening of a Student Success Team to support a student with sustained difficulties in the area of behavior, academics, attendance, and/or physical/mental health despite documented targeted interventions such as tutoring, parent contact, etc.
504 Referral - coming soon! (Speak directly to Mrs. Pope or Mrs. Fennema in the meantime)