March 4, 2022
Notes from Mrs. Bervert
This past week we have enjoyed focusing on literacy across the building. We enjoyed theme days and Kona Ice. Thanks to all of you for making Read Across America so successful. A few notes on things coming up:
- Kindergarten Enrollment- April 18- We will attach a sign up link next week for families to choose a time for Kindergarten enrollment. We encourage you to bring your kindergartner with you. We will have afternoon sessions and evening sessions.
- Information from Mrs. Baker for Families with Students in grades P-2: March Reading Logs were sent home this week. Please note that this will be the last reading log for the school year. Students will have until the last week of March to return the completed reading log to receive a prize from the library. Happy Reading!
- Sixth Grade End of Year Celebration- Information will be coming out soon to our 6th grade families regarding our End of Year celebrations on May 23rd in the afternoon.
- Car Rider Lane- Our Facilities department recently posted a sign reminding parents of our two lanes for dismissal. Cars closest to the building are expected to exit the car rider lane headed towards Croco Road. Cars in the second lane (closest to the road) are expected to exit the car rider lane headed towards Berryton Road.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Woodruff's Class Enjoys a Heart Obstacle Course
Cafeteria Menus and Sandwich of the Day Schedule
- 3/7- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 3/8- Statewide Tornado Drill at 10 AM
- 3/8- Site Council at 5 pm
- 3/8- PTO at 6:30 pm
- 3/11-3/18- No School- Spring Break
- 3/21- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 3/22- Amigos Meal Night for BES- 5-8 PM
- 3/29- Fifth and 6th Grade Choral Concert at 7 pm (SHHS Auditorium)
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.