Falcon Ridge Family Updates
November 7, 2022
News and Tidbits
The wintry weather has arrived! As the temperature cools, please remember to send your student with a coat. We play outside each day, even in the fall and winter months.
Please note that we do not allow personal electronics such as cell phones, smart watches, fit bits, etc. These need to be turned off and kept inside of student backpacks (per Falcon Ridge Student Handbook). This is for the protection of our students and the learning environment. If a student needs to contact a parent, the office phone is available. Thank you for your support.
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is gratitude. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Way to Go October Citizens of the Month!
Parents, the PTO shares information and events on their PTO Facebook page. The group is called "Falcon Ridge PTO & Parents" and should be accessible via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319697921566543/.
Our Taxi Cab Ride Winner, Cash!
PTO trunk-or-treat family night fun
Resources for Parents
How to Teach Children Gratitude
7 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Gratitude
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
Average Daily Attendance
K - 97.50%
1st - 93.71%
2nd - 94.83%
3rd - 91.38%
4th - 96.36%
5th - 92.73%
6th - 97.88%
7th - 97.27%
8th - 98.33%
- 11/8 ~ Girls Basketball Game @ Idaho City (Time TBD)
- 11/8 ~ School Board Meeting @ 6:30 p.m.
- 11/10 ~ Girls Basketball Home Game @ 4:00p.m.
- 11/11 ~ Veterans Day Concert (1st-5th grade) @ 9:00a.m.
- 11/15 ~ Girls Basketball Game at Riverstone (Time TBD)
- 11/16 ~ STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
- 11/17 ~ Girls Basketball Game at Garden Valley (Time TBD)
- 11/21-11/25 ~ Thanksgiving Break
STEM Club Dates
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.