Coriander, an umbelliferous plant indigenous to southern Europe, is found occasionally in Britain in fields and waste places, and by the sides of rivers. It is frequently found in a semi-wild state in the east of England, having escaped from cultivation.
We use stem and leaves. (Herb)
- Disease preventing
- Vitamins (vitamin-A, vitamin K)
- Healing phytonutrients
- The seeds of the plant are always referred to as coriander.
- Coriander/cilantro has been around since biblical times.
- Depending on the goal of growing cilantro/coriander you should plant in full sun if you desire seeds for coriander or in partial shade if you want cilantro for culinary or medicinal needs.
- Cilantro leaves are used to flavor dishes from the Middle East, Latin America and Southeastern Asia.