SAMS Media News
Year End 2013
Dates to Remember
- May 17 - Last Due Date for Student Library Books
- May 17 - Registration Opens for Summer Technology Bootcamp for Teachers/Staff
- May 17-19 SC Book Festival - Columbia Metro Convention Center
- May 27 - Last Due Date for Teacher/Staff Library Materials
- June 17 - 20 Middle School Summer Technology Camp for Students
DESTINY LIBRARY CATALOG E-BOOKS
Over 800 books are available through SAMS Destiny Card Catalog FollettShelf. You can read titles the online or check them out. You can show them on your Smartboard.
- From school: Go to the Destiny Library Catalog on your desktop.
- From home, go to the SAMS E-Chalk page and click on Destiny Card Catalog.
- Click on login at the top right corner.
- Students use the same login that they use to access the network.
- Teachers use the precursor to their email address as their user name and the password is their 5 or 4 digit employee number (the sub-finder number).
- From the Catalog Tab, click on “FollettShelf” on the left sidebar.
- Click on the book to read it online, or at the bottom of the screen, click on “check out” and drag the title into the dotted line box.
You can also download the Follett Digital Reader App for FollettShelf users on an I-Pad or Android tablet.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY CAMP FOR STUDENTS
Registration is now open for students in grades 6th, 7th and 8th to participate in a great technology opportunity this summer. The focus will be "Mobile Movie-Making and Me" and students will learn the basic techniques of story boarding, camera angles, editing software tools and go on a field study to Richland County Public Library. More information and registration form can be found at http://goo.gl/q1maB
- June 17 - 20, 2013
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Olympia Learning Center Campus
- 621 Bluff Road
- Light lunch and snack provided
- Cost is $25 for all four days
TECHNOLOGY BOOTCAMP FOR TEACHERS/STAFF
Richland One Instructional Technology Services is offering technology Bootcamp sessions this summer on a variety of topics. It is free for all Richland One Employees. For additional information and registration, go to http://goo.gl/m8DRq
- Week One - June 24-27 Software Tools and Office 2010
- Week Two - July 8-11 Web 2.0 Tools and Google
- Week Three - July 16 & 17 Bootcamp for Media Specialists
- Week Four - July 22-25 Mobile Technology
- Week Five - July 29-August 1 SMART
S.C. Junior Book Award Nominees 2013-2014
Summer is a good time to read the new SC Jr. Book Award nominee books!
- City of Orphans - Avi
- How They Croaked - Bragg
- Wild Life - DeFelice
- Notes From an Accidental Band Geek - Dionne
- Amelia Lost - Fleming
- Hidden - Frost
- Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading - Greenwald
- Chomp - Hiaasen
- Small As An Elephant - Jacobson
- Icefall - Kirby
- Lions of Little Rock - Levine
- Underdogs - Lupica
- Apthecary - Meloy
- Beyonders: A World Without Heroes - Mull
- Ghetto Cowboy - Neri
- Fourth Stall - Rylander
- Okay for Now - Schmidt
- Running Dream - Van Draanen
- Waiting to Forget - Welch
- Saint Louis Armstrong Beach - Woods