On The Edge
5 Verbal Signs:
- "I wish I was dead."
- I'm going to kill myself."
- "Nobody needs me."
- My family would be better off without me."
- "I just can't go on any longer."
5 Non-verbal Signs:
- Aggressive behavior, risk taking
- Lack of caring about appearance and personal hygiene
- Drop in grades, or a rise in grades from a poor student
- Moodiness, feelings of worthlessness
- Running away or truancy
- Eating disorder
Places to go for Help:
There are many treatment centers where people can go to get the help they need.
- Aurora Behavioral Health System
- Depression Treatment at Oasis
- A Better Today Recovery Services
- Renaissance Recovery Center
- Oasis Behavioral Health
There are also hotlines people can call for help.
- La Crosse's Suicidal Hotline is: 1-800-362-8255
Suicide Is Preventable!
How is Suicide Preventable?
- If you see someone that is showing the warning signs, make sure you show them that you care and you want to help them.
- Help them get professional help as soon as possible.
- You can set up a time and place to meet with the person to talk about how they are feeling.
- Directly talk to the person about the problem.
- Listen to them and reassure them that there is help, and they won't have to feel like this forever.