Week of December 13th
Creating and maintaining a Culture of Excellence!!
C-Commit to Learn
L-Lead with Courage
Interim Assessments this week
Also please note students may not ride any other bus than the one assigned and may not get off at any other stop than the assigned bus stop.
One Cards are required for scanning on and off buses to ensure safety of knowing who is being transported. Please ensure your child has those out and ready each morning.
Thank you in advance for partnering with us in these endeavors. You may also considering recognizing your driver this Holiday season for such a challenging and thankless job most days.
Staff Support and shout out
We are working to kick off PTO at SGMS. Please reach out if you would partner with us as we will hit the ground running in January.
School Spirit and attendance at Games
- Students may not stay after school unless they are an athlete supervised by coaches, or pep squad supervised by it's advisors.
- Masks are required by everyone except the 10 players on the court. Masks should cover nose and mouth at all times. Failure to follow this current ruling for schools will require dismissal from the game.
- While at the game please show your best character, cheering for not against and uplifting our players. Please be respectful and mindful of those around you so that all that are in attendance can enjoy the game. Please stay seated while in the stands so all fans can see.
- Concessions and restrooms will be on the café hall so there should not be anyone in any other area.
- Please clean up by yourself and throw away all trash before leaving your area.
- Students must have rides pick them up in front of the school no later than 15 minutes after the game is over. Announcements will be made at the end of 3rd quarter and midway of 4th reminding students of the current time and to call or check in with your rides.
- After the game all fans, students, families etc. must exit the gym and building and meet their friend/child/athlete or ride outside. Only players may go with coaches to change and pick up belongings.
- Any student that is not picked up within 15 minutes after the game will not be able to stay for the next home game.
Athletics: Week of 12/13
Monday-12/13—BB vs Jackson @ Jackson
Winter Break Blast OFF
We have 5 days left as we close out 2021 Strong!!
I have thoroughly enjoyed coming to SGMS to join and partnering with great students and staff.
In honor of our hard work and dedication SGMS will be continuing with Spirit week this final week. Please note that student behavior will guide future decisions on fun interactive ways to show school spirit.
These spirit days are designed to celebrate your hard work and accomplishments so far and soar into great things in store for 2022. In order to achieve this time of celebration and excellence we NEED YOU. Please note the Spirit themes below for each day from 12/8-12/17.
This is totally voluntary but we want to ensure the focus still remains on LEARNING!
This is for all students and staff. Let's see who can Blast off the highest--Will it be 6th, 7th or 8th grade students, teachers, bus drivers, café staff or Support staff.
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT!!
12/13: Merry and Bright--Lets brighten up the hallways with some NEON, or other bright clothing that will make us all Merry. Come dressed to impress for all to see.
12/14: Winter Wonderland White Out: There is "SNOW" place like SGMS. Dress in all white as we keep it crisp and clean in the home stretch.
12/15: Chillin with my Gnomies--It's time to Twinsie--grab a friend and make it a matching day.
12/16: Tropical Thursday--All about palm trees and 80 degrees-Tropical vibes only-Sun much fun.
12/17: Festive Friday--Believe in Great things--Make Today so Awesome that Yesterday gets Jealous. Dress in your favorite festive folly.
One class per grade level with highest % of participation will receive an extra token of appreciation or fun each day this week.
8th grade Families: Yearbook dedications
Winter Holidays December 18th through January 3rd-
Students return 1/4
Our administrative team is available to assist with any and all SGMS questions or concerns. You may reach us at 336-674-4266 or by email. We love your partnership please reach out if you have suggestions or shout outs for our amazing staff.
Tracy Roof, Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org (students with last names P-Z)
Lorie Rainey, Assistant Principalemail@example.com (students with last names G-O)
James Moore, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org (students with last names A-F)