Ruth Fox Middle School
Every Learner, Every Day! October Update - 10/11
RFMS Parent Teacher Conference Update
Our Middle School Conferences are just around the corner. In this unprecedented year, we will be doing our Fall conferences a bit differently than the past. This year our conferences will be virtual or by phone. Our virtual conferences will be scheduled through our online appointment scheduler, and take place over Google Meet (video preferred, not required).
If you do not have internet access, fill out the form sent home on Friday, and we will schedule a phone conference with you.
Our virtual conference dates will be as follows (3:00-7:00):
5th and 6th grade - October 19th, 20th, and 22nd
7th and 8th grade - October 20th, and 22nd
Conference Sign-up Links
Please use the following links to sign-up for available conference sessions.
- Rose / Savoy / Whipple / Grzecki (reference this list for conferencing teacher)
- Sieh (student number 1-25) / Woodruff (student numbers 26-51)
Specials and Virtual Teachers/Mentors
Parents - Have social emotional concerns with your child or are looking for insight/resources, feel free to schedule an appointment with our School Social Worker, Mrs. Jessica Buckner. We are here to help!
Conference Tips for Success
- Be online or on the phone on time.... early works too.
- We have conferences back to back, so we are limiting sessions to 10-15 minutes, depending on classes. Please do not be offended if we have have to stop the conference and follow up on a future date.
- If you are joining by phone, please do not call the school number. Use the phone number provided to you through your appointment invitation confirmation. Please wait on the line until your conference starts.
- Provide your questions or concerns in advance for your teachers.
Below is a picture of the email confirmation that you will receive, and the ways to join your conference.
Virtual Student Information
- WEEKLY CONTACT: As a reminder, students and mentor teachers need to be in contact twice a week, so students checking their email is imperative. Please have your child respond to their mentor teacher's emails throughout the week. Also, encourage your child to email their mentor teacher when they need assistance.
- Need login assistance? email email@example.com with your request.
Boys Basketball Sign-Up
Girls Website Design Competition
Cash prizes are awarded to winners at each level; middle school, beginner high school and advanced high school. This year’s prizes total over $5,000! (See flyer below)
Theme: Create a website comparing three aspects of your life and how they are different from (or are like) your grandparents’ era.
Girls can participate individually, or in teams of two. Participants will use the overall theme as a guide to showcase their website design skills and knowledge of HTML. Finalists are invited to a virtual event where they present their sites to a panel of IT industry experts who in turn award prizes to winners in each category.
Learn more about the competition and Enroll at: MCWT Website Design For Girls under the “About the Competition” tab.
Website Experience is Not Required – Free Training is Available!
MCWT recognizes that some girls are just beginning to learn HTML and coding, so a series of virtual training workshops are available to provide additional resources for the competitors. Virtual training session registration is MCWT Website Design For Girls under the “About the Competition” tab.
- Week of October 19th - Virtual PT Conferences
- Friday, October 23rd - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS, teacher professional development day.
- Friday, October 30th - End of the 1st Marking Period
- Wednesday, Nov. 4th - RFMS Picture Retake Day (if requesting a retake, please return pictures)