Strengthening Families Newsletter
Highlights from the Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham
Need translation? | ¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
ENGLISH: On a computer/laptop click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
ESPAÑOL: Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
PORTUGUÊS: No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
SO MUCH ACCOMPLISHED IN 2022 BY THIS TEAM!
- 135 "Play, Learn, and Grow Together" Group Programs Offered
- 827 Families and 998 Children Participated
- 20 ParentChild+ Families Enrolled (maximum #) in the internationally recognized home visitation program
- 1011 ParentChild+ Home Visits Completed
- 60 Online Ages & Stages Questionnaires Completed - a screening tool designed for family education to better understand child development
- 422 Families Received Enhanced Referrals and Resources Impacting 704 Children
- 48 Strengthening Families Informational E-Newsletters Published
- 100% Family Satisfaction with the ECAF Programs
- 30 ECAF Leadership Council Members In Attendance at Quarterly Meetings
- 5 Directors Collaborative Networking and Support Meetings Held
- Launched the ParentChild+ Family Child Care Model
Early Learning Survey If you have participated in: playgroups at the library or off site in another community space, or, the ParentChild+ home visitation program between September and December, we want to know if our programs are helping support you in your parenting journey by increasing your knowledge of your child's development through informational communications, the Ages & Stages Questionnaire, hands on activities, and interactive learning experiences. Please share your feedback by completing the Early Learning Survey here!
Special Edition - Holiday Greetings Wishing for a Healthy New Year
First and foremost, we wish good health to all! Remember to vaccinate and remain diligient about safety protocols as we enter a New Year. We want to be mindful about protecting our family, friends, and neighbors who may be vulnerable to COVID and the variants. Let's all do our part to beat this virus. We know when we join together we can do anything!
2023 Winter Menu of Programs & Upcoming Special Courses
Main MenuWe will resume our weekly Play, Learn, and Grow Together group schedule on January 9th and start a new area of learning: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, otherwise known as STEM. STEM is all around us and for the next few months we will act as scientists exploring and experimenting a variety of concepts from float and sink, recycling, measurement, shadow play, and much more. Sign up here. Early registratants receive a children's book.
Special Programs Coming in 2023
"Bilingual Play, Learn, and Grow Together" (Spanish) with Lucia: This group will highlight nature based activities and more.
"Me You We"with Jane: This new playgroup program will focus on practicing social emotional skills through play based learning!
"Yoga+: Movement, Music, Story, and More" with Eve: Enjoy learning basic yoga poses, simple self regulation tips, and more. Designed for you and your young child.
"Read & Rise" is a new offering that reinforces the important role that families play in their children’s literacy development through the use of targeted and frequent literacy activities that emphasize family strengths, culture, language, and traditions. This course will be bilingual in Spanish/English. We hope to offer this course in person.
More details fto follow. We appreciate you expressing your interest early so we can plan accordingly. We always want to gain your input as to best days and times for your family to attend groups (weekday mornings, mid-day, late afternoon, early evening, weekends. Let us know as we welcome your feedback as these programs are designed with you in mind!
JANUARY SCHEDULE INFORMATION & SIGN UP
- Mondays, Play, Learn, and Grow Together with Jane 11:00am (weekly)
- Tuesdays, Play, Learn, and Grow Together with Gracie 10:00am (weekly)
- Thursday, Bilingual Play, Learn, and Grow Together 11:00am (weekly)
- Fridays, Let's Go to Kindergarten with Jeanette (ages 3-5) 12:00pm (weekly)
Sign up here!
No groups on holidays, school vacation, or severe weather.
Reminder in person weekly classes are limited to 8 families. Please be mindful of safety protocols and stay home if you have symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID. Thank you!
Sign Up Today!
After we receive your Registration Form you will get a ZOOM invite with the link to join the class. Thank you!
Early Literacy Survey
Information to help us understand how we can support your reading and learning at home. Example: Do you need children's books? Please complete the Early Literacy Survey prior to the beginning of class. Thank you!
Ages & Stages Parent Quesionnaire (ASQ)
Want to learn more about your child's development? Fill out the Ages & Stages Parent Questionnaire, a family education tool. The more you know, the more your little learner will grow! Please complete the ASQ prior to the beginning of class. Thank you!
Sign Up Today!
Early Literacy Survey
Ages & Stages Parent Quesionnaire (ASQ)
In Person Expectations
A few group guidances:
- mask requirement (none for infants),
- remember to stay in areas of learning as they are set up for social distancing
- at all times, family participation is required to support your child's participation
- food and drinks are prohibited in space
What makes the ECAF signature "Play, Learn, and Grow Together" programs special? The families active engagement with the children! This expectation has not changed. We appreciate your support and input as we set out on the next journey as COVID and the variant are still real. Finally, vaccinate as it protects your family, friends, and neighbors! Thank you for paying attention to these safety standards.
*All groups are subject to change based on city, state, and federal mandates.
PLAY, LEARN, AND GROW TOGETHER GROUPS
LET'S GO TO KINDERGARTEN
THE ECAF PARENTING JOURNEY SERIES: A PRERECORDED FAMILY EDUCATION PROGRAM
We will try to offer a road map stopping and exploring common grounds, celebrating developmental milestones, sharing inevitable pitfalls, and refueling with the energy that keeps us moving. These sources or tools advance our knowledge and provide us with more information allowing us to anticipate what may be ahead and plan our travels into Parenthood and Early Education accordingly. Let’s call it a guidebook that leads us through the parenting journey , not alone, but together as the journey can sometimes be lonely and it is always more fun when we have others join us, and, it’s easier to reach our destination safely. No matter how many stops or bumps along the way, we aim to ensure future opportunities for successful excursions.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR 1ST STOP ON OUR ROADTRIP: DIALOGIC READING
Bilingual Programs At Its Best!
BILINGUAL STORY TIME AND ACTIVITIES
Raising Emerging Bilinguals Thank you Mae, Maya, and Mateo for sharing stories and important conversations with the ECAF family!
- Storytime Bilingüe featuring “Baby Teeth/Dientes de bebe”
- Storytime Bilingüe featuring “This Bug Needs a Boat/Esta oruga necesita un barco”
- Storytime Bilingüe featuring “Los bebes aman/ Babies Love”
Music and Stories with Rejane Musis
- STEM - All About Music!
- Music and Story - Mouse Mess
- Music and Story - The Kissing Hand
Storytime with Vera
- STORY TIME IN PORTUGUESE - "Vamos à caça de um Urso" (We're Going On a Bear Hunt)
- STORY TIME IN PORTUGUESE - "O Sapo Vai ao Médico"
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE IN THE PARENTCHILD+ PROGRAM! CONTACT US TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION!
Did you know Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham (ECAF) is the home for your local ParentChild+ program? Our program offers virtual visits for families with young children age 16 months to 36 months right here in Framingham for two years! The ParentChild+ Program will help your family in your role as your child's first and most important teacher. Our Early Learning Specialists share fun ways to help your child learn at home with free books and toys! We envision a world where every child enters school ready to succeed because every parent has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build school readiness where it starts: the home!
Throughout the 23 week school year, an Early Learning Specialist brings each week a gift of a high quality educational toy and book for your child to keep. Visits are 30 minutes long twice a week and can be scheduled at your convenience, day or early evening. You'll learn creative ways to read and play with your child and become actively involved in your child's education. We work together to ensure language isn't a barrier. There is NO COST!
So if you are a family who lives in Framingham with a child 16-36 months or know someone who you think may be interested, contact us at 508-782-6932 or email email@example.com for more information.
To learn more about the internationally recognized home visitation program, CLICK HERE!
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC LIBRARY PROGRAMS & MORE
WGBH FAMILY FUN ACTIVITIES & MORE
WGBH Family Fun Activities and More
FEDERATION FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS (FCSN)
Resource Guide For Early Childhood 2020 Edition
RESOURCES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS INCLUDING FOOD SECURITY AND OTHER EMERGENCY RESOURCES
- City of Framingham Resources - click the link to access the City of Framingham website. There is helpful information and resources for residents as well as the latest updates on the CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Food Security Resources - location and resources to access free food. Updated weekly.
- EEC Child Care Subsidy Information for Administrators
- EEC COVID UPDATES, RESOURCES, AND INFORMATION - The latest guidelines are provided to families and early educators to keep our early education community safe as they reenter a program.
An important creative and family friendly educational message about wearing masks
- Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative Comprehensive list of resources
- MASS 211 need help call the multilingual hotline 24/7 to access resources at: 1-877-211-6277
- Social Story What Nathan and His Friends Can Do English Spanish Portuguese
- Hello I Am A Virus! A kid-friendly booklet about COVID-19. Author: Manuela Molina Cruz
English - Spanish - Portuguese - Arabic
- Free From Audible Books - Children's Stories
ABOUT THE VIRTUAL HOME
The Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham (ECAF) has created virtual Play, Learn, and Grow Together programs for you to enjoy at home. We hope these videos will provide your family with ways to come together through literacy.
We will also share other links to programs, resources, and tips to help you navigate your daily routine. You can access the videos and resources in the following places:
- ECAF Email Communications
- ECAF Strengthening Families E-Newsletter
- ECAF Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham Facebook Page
- ECAF Live with The Early Childhood Alliance of Framingham Facebook Group
- ECAF website
- ECAF Twitter