January Senior Newsletter
Parents and Students in the Class of 2019
1. Submit your FAFSA as soon as you can.
2. Submit other Financial Aid Forms - Check to see if you have been pulled for Verification. The college will require additional paperwork to be filed and completed by July 1, 2019. Check with Ms. Nuss if you are unsure about verification.
3. Log into your College Account - for example, Myred (UNL), Mavlink(UNO) for information regarding Housing, Scholarships, Student Orientation.
4. If your college requires your mid-year grades (transcript after 1st semester), please request those on Naviance to be sent.
5. Start and submit any scholarship Applications.
Senior Pictures due to Mrs. Heaton for the yearbook by 2/15/19.
May 4, 2019
Seniors last day is Friday May 4, 2019. Their last day of classes is Thursday May 3, 2019. All required classes for graduation must be completed and passing by 4pm on Thursday May 3. If students do not meet the School Board of Education Requirements for Graduation, they will not walk in the ceremony and must finish any classes in summer school.
Saturday May 11, 2019
Tekamah-Herman High School Gymnasium
May 4, 2019
Susan Buffett Scholarship
You may have heard about the Susan Buffett Scholarship, a great opportunity for students wanting to go to a public college or university in Nebraska. To be eligible:
1. Achieve at least a 2.5 GPA in High School
2. Plan to enter college at:
- Nebraska Community Colleges - CCC, MCC, MPCC, NECC, SCC, or WNCC;
- Nebraska State College System - Chadron State, Peru State, Wayne State; or
- University of Nebraska - NCTA, UNK, UNL, UNMC, or UNO
3. Students must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $10,000
The Application opens Nov. 1, 2018 and is due February 1, 2019 by 5pm.
1. Social Security Number
2. Username and password - write these down so you don't forget
3. Application Form
4. 2 letters of Recommendation
5. Student Aid Report (SAR) - which you get form completing your FAFSA. FAFSA must be complete no later than January 15, 2019 if are applying for the scholarship, so there is enough time for your SAR to arrive.
6. Current High School Transcript
7. A written essay covering all of these topics:
- Tell us about 2 or 3 of your most meaningful accomplishments or times when you were proud of yourself (academic, personal/family, work, or other activities). Why are these meaningful? How do these accomplishments/experiences relate to your future goals?
- What is something you are passionate about? How do you share that passion with others? How does this passion show up in your life?
- How are you involved in giving back to others and/or the community? What does giving back mean to you?
- Tells us about a challenge or obstacle you have faced. What did you learn? How does this challenge or obstacle still impact you?
- Is there anything else you would like for us to know about you?
8. Signed Consent form
Upcoming Concession Stands
Students signed up to work:
Summer P - Did not show at the October Concession stand, please work this one.*This is the Tekamah-Herman vs. Oakland-Craig basketball game. We anticipate it will be very busy. We will take any extra helpers we can get!!!
Final Concession Stand - Tuesday February 5, 2019
Seniors should be checking their Naviance Accounts for Scholarships that they are eligible to apply for. They are separated in to Month Categories.
Students Go to Naviance
Click on Colleges
Click on Scholarships and MoneyClick on Scholarship List