Thelma Jones Elementary Week of February 21st-25th
Greetings Shark Family!
As icy conditions are predicted across the area, please review Mansfield ISD’s inclement weather procedures that determine whether school closures or delays will occur.
Administrators pay close attention to forecasts, stay in close contact with neighboring district administrators and work in coordination with transportation in order to make the best decision for the safety and security of students and staff.
If the superintendent determines the need to delay or close schools, the district’s mass phone and email notification system will be activated, and major radio and television stations will be notified. Also, the changes will be posted on the district website, Facebook and Twitter.
If no information is given from the district or media outlets, schools will start at their regular times.
Please note: It is important that parent/guardian contact information is up to date so that all district announcements are received. Please contact your child’s school or log in to Skyward to make any necessary email or phone number changes.
View MISD's inclement weather procedures webpage here.
- Send your son/ daughter with a coat.
- Breakfast is from 7:30- 8:00.
- Students must be in class by the 8:00 bell. If not, they are considered tardy and this will be marked on their attendance record.
- Please keep your students home if they are sick.
- You must show your government issued ID card to check-in.
Have a wonderful week!
Black History Program
This Friday, we will celebrate Black History Month with a student lead Black History program. We are excited to see each grade level celebrate the contributions made by African Americans. Our celebration will take place during our Unity assembly. If you choose to attend, please check in at the front office. There will be standing room only.
21st- Presidents Day- No School
24th-Report Cards go home
25th- Third and Fourth Six Weeks Awards Ceremonies, (Times listed below)
25th-Black History Program during Unity
Mar 1st-4th- Read Across America Week
Mar 1st-4th- Music In Our Schools Week
Mar. 7th-11th- TELPAS
Mar. 8th- 2nd and 4th Grade Music Program
Mar. 10th- Spring Open House
Mar. 14th-18th- Spring Break
Mar. 22nd-23rd- Interim Assessments (3rd and 4th grades)
Mar. 24th-Kinder and Fourth grade promotion pictures
Field Day Info.
Award Times for Friday, February 25th
School Report Card
Take Care of Your District Issued Device
Take Care of Your District issued Device!
Please remind your son/ daughter of how to properly handle and store their district issued device, as there are many costs associated with them. (See Chromebook & Components prices below) You may also visit the Technology Department's page for Student Issued Devices.
If your child breaks their device, you may make payments (cash/check) to the campus secretary/Bookkeeper or through Payk12/Tickettracker if they are needing to purchase a replacement power cord, protective case or a replacement device.
Link for Payk12 is: https://www.ticketracker.com/store?schoolId=1545.
TJE DOC Squad
You will need to fill out the volunteer form which can be found below.
If you are sick, please stay home. Remember, masks are optional but encouraged.
If it is a school-planned field trip, parents are always welcome. When attending field trips, we ask that you adhere to the guidelines and timelines presented in the field trip letter.
- Chaperones must pay by the payment deadline.
- Your payment for your student needs to be paid by the payment deadline.
- All chaperones must have an MISD background check. No exceptions, as our students' safety is our # 1 priority. I have included the link for you to do your background check. You don't have to wait until field trip time so please fill it out at your earliest convenience.
- Background checks must be done in advance. There is typically a 10-day wait for background checks.
- Parents are not allowed to show up to the field trip site and join the group. We are very particular about how we set up groups to ensure the safety of our students.
- You must have a school badge when attending field trips.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In an effort to make sure our systems and procedures are running as smoothly as possible, I am including a few reminders about our dismissal process.
- Please make all transportation changes by 3:00 p.m.
- If you are making a transportation change, please email the teacher. If you do not receive a confirmation response by 3:15 p.m. you may call the office. Please do not call the office first. Oftentimes the office staff is very busy with phone calls and other duties. Likewise, everyone has different work schedules so we are not fully staffed at dismissal. We do not want to miss delivering a message about transportation changes so please make every effort to make those changes through the teacher.
- No dismissal changes will be made by word of mouth. We must hear it from the parent.
- Please limit walking into the office to pick up your students during dismissal. Again, we have limited staff and they are busy calling buses and answering phones.
- Once students have started moving to their dismissal location, we will not call them to the office until the office staff has fulfilled their required duties.
- Please be kind to the TJE staff!
- Write your child's teacher a note in their take home folder, if there is a change in how they get home.
- For same day changes, please email your child's teacher as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply, then call the front office.
- No students dismissal schedule will be changed by word of mouth.
- Students need to be in class by 8:00 to be considered on time.
- Students must be picked up by 3:45.
- If your son/ daughter is in kindergarten or 1st grade, they must have an adult awaiting their arrival at the bus stop.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- FREE MEALS for ALL students will continue for the 2021-22 school year!
Every MISD student is eligible for one free breakfast meal and one free lunch meal every school day.
A la carte and extra meal items will still be available for purchase.
It is very important that families still complete the Free & Reduced Meal Applications this year if they feel they might qualify. Why? Qualifying families approved on the program receive other valuable benefits and services for their children. It is also important for district funding opportunities, like Title 1 and comp ed, that are dependent on economically disadvantaged student data. Here is a short video that explains more about it:
We are hiring! The Student Nutrition Department has several positions to fill across the district. If you know of parents, community members, family, and/or friends looking for a job, please share! Thank you for spreading the word!
Apply for free & reduced meals: https://www.schoolcafe.com/mansfieldisd
Meal Payment System
SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to add funds to student(s) lunch accounts, monitor student(s) account balance, view purchases, and payments, and set up low balance email alerts. Register for a SchoolCafé account.
Questions about your child's cafeteria account?
If you have questions regarding a student's cafeteria account (application status, purchase history, obtaining ID or PIN, enrollment, etc.), please be ready to provide all names, schools, and IDs along with your questions to Student Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-299-6040.
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit
Covid Tiered System
Along with the list of health and safety protocols that have been in effect since the beginning of the school year, MISD has released a new COVID-19 advisory level system that provides guidance for implementing elevated mitigating strategies if percentages of active cases rise at a certain campus.
The advisory levels consist of green, yellow, and red tiers. Please view the COVID-19 advisory level system here. If the advisory level at a campus changes, the school principal will send out communication to parents and staff with further information.